If theres enough players

(Krylon Blue) #47

That’s weird… I haven’t changed anything. I’ll send you a message so you can message me.

(T0NY HAYABUSA) #48

Might as well stop thinking that it will be fixed. They already have a few guys working on Gears 4 and the rest on Gears 5. They will only release tired content as in those holiday events and special events. As I said in a different thread, I uninstalled my game and sold it to Gamestop. Got $2.50 for it yet I got $11.00 for Sniper Elite 4. Figure that one out.

(DAVID THE CLOWN) #49

runs away and cries big tears of sorrow

(T0NY HAYABUSA) #50

Sorry man. Had to move on. Besides, Metro Exodus comes out in Feb. and I have AC Odyssey DLC tomorrow and Onimusha Warlords comes out tomorrow so I will be busy along with RDR 2. I have no fun in Gears anymore and it’s been dead to me for a few months. RIP Gears 4

(DAVID THE CLOWN) #51

Guess I’ll just have to see you in Gears 5…

(DAVID THE CLOWN) #52

I have attempted digital CPR on it though! Didn’t seem to work…

(T0NY HAYABUSA) #53

You know, I actually thought about using the disc as archery target but then I remembered I could trade it in. I probably should’ve used it for the archery target since they gave me $2 for it

(DAVID THE CLOWN) #54

That would have been actually funny, if it wasn’t so sad…

(T0NY HAYABUSA) #55

Just look at the bright side…

(Mr Perkinator) #57

I have friends who’d rather play Gbs against Americans as they know they can sponge an their shot and then 1 shot them, it’s pretty funny tbf, just a shame that TC’s method of combating it did nothing but kill off nearly every mode for us Europeans

(TGLT Clutch) #58

why do people complain about high ping players in core? Us PC players are happy to even find games without having to wait more than 5 min.

(Krylon Blue) #59

Because it’s a very large problem in Core too. The enemy isn’t where you see them so they sponge the shot while you explode despite being directly behind them.

(TGLT Clutch) #60

never really had a problem(35 ping EU ,110 USEast)but if that’s how it is for most players then TC should probably increase matchmaking time to fix it for those who don’t want high ping players(200-300 ms)

(Krylon Blue) #61

It’s mostly an issue with higher unstable pings like those from Mexico. A player pinging at 300ms is at a disadvantage but unfortunately as a player from the USA I deal with Mexico players who always range from 80-150ms which is the lag advantage range. Add in their constant fluctuations and it’s a nightmare.

On the other hand, I’ve played with Japanese players with 200ms and above pings and had minimal issues. Stability is key as is the game over compensating for the 80-150 range

(TGLT Clutch) #62

just changing play style against high ping players should be enough for experienced players(you can even see player pings now)

(Krylon Blue) #63

Depends. High pings? Yes. Fluctuations? Not so much.

Trust me I’d know. I’m a Diamond 3 so I’ve battled hard and succeeded. It’s just annoying this game is such a mess

(Goodacre) #64

ya because month 18 was when Gears: Judgment launched. of course the numbers for Gears 3 dropped at that time. Judgment took a big chunk of players, skewing the numbers and allowing TC to say “there was more players at the 18 month markk for Gears 4 then Gears 3” and being technically correct.

we’re on 2 years and 3 months removed from a new Gears game VS 1 year, 6 months from Gears 3.

(Omen LP) #65

My ping is between 15 and 65, depending on which US server I connect you… Recently the overwhelming majority of my games put me at about 65ms which tells me I am on the southern server. Sometimes the Mexican players have lower ping than me, lol, but mine doesn’t jump between 65 and 350 in mid combat :wink:

I am not at the skill level where enemy ping of 100 is an issue for me, so most of tuhese 100-130ms enemies aren’t causing me frustration, but I see some 400+ ones which just destroy the matches…

I am just hoping TC will learn from all this and will make Gears 5 “better”, to retain more US/Canada players longer… I love the game and want to keep learning and getting better, but I hate feeling like the matches are filled with the contents if the bottom of the barrel of the player population …

(Me0wMix CatFood) #66

I’ve found that connection issues can affect high level players more because they are playing a game of inches. High ping is less an issue than ping that jumps around. Can’t tell you how many times I set up a prefect shot with a few wallbounces and then the opponent teleports a few ft away as the server catches up and he just hard aims my life away.

(mizzelphug) #67

There’s a reason TC keeps holding tournaments in Mexico City …and it’s not for the solid infrastructure. They can see where their player base is located and they go there to bilk more money out of them.

I started checking the profiles of everyone in the lobby who isn’t sporting that flag as soon as I get into matches now. I finally got into a match with a few players in the US for the first time in at least 2 years this past weekend. Most of the time if they sport a US Flag emblem they are located in the country directly south of the US and attempting to avoid being reported for something.