If pahanu was much smaller,

PAHANU, it was a great design that I can say, but if the map layout was like half the size to almost 1/3. Id think it wouldve been a great NEW map to play. But all that open space wasted…what were they thinking, if it was just for gridiron as a poster map…WTF TC?

1 Like

It’s just Sandbar without the invisible walls.

4 Likes

But sandbar was a great map honestly. I had great memories

2 Likes

I didn’t it was the same Lancer fest peope complain about now. You had snipers and Lancers and the extremely over powered Hammer of Dawn. Thankfully it had limited ammo. People think Lancer is strong. They keep asking for Hammer of Dawn, and as soon as TC decides to release it they’ll start complaining.

I’m neither agreeing nor disagreeing with bringing it in, but the stark difference there is that it’s a power weapon, not only is it supposed to be an advantage in that regard, it’s also something only one person has… unlike the Lancer meta.

1 Like

I actually had a match in that map for the first time today.

It’s way to be to feel like Gears. Not enough cover. I like the feel or theme or whatever, but it didn’t “feel” right.

3 Likes

Yeah I had an idea that the volcano would erupt and there would be lava covering the perimeter, essentially reducing the size of the map (in terms of how much idk)

The reality: TC seriously needs to have a more “open” development process, you telling me that NOBODY thought this map was a bust? Seriously? Crazy.

2 Likes

Kinda like Avalanche? But instead of adding a second map to the game, it shrinks the size? Like a reverse Flood map? Actually sounds pretty EPIC.

4 Likes

I think TC has a habit of making maps too big. It’s like their map designer gets paid by the square ft. Not going to say all their maps are bad or anything, just that they all tend to have dead space.

4 Likes

My favorite Gears maps have been ones like Canals, Blood Drive, Checkout and Slab. The ones that feel real condensed and support both Lancer and Gnasher play if you know what you’re doing.

Every single on of the TC maps (Other than Dawn) has a massive spawn area and other wide open areas, and if you get trapped there against five Lancers you don’t stand a chance.

3 Likes

When I think of a map where every inch gets used, I think of Blood Drive.

2 Likes

Other than that messy center area. Under the windows, I think so too. I wonder how it’d do if those windows were turned into stairs with cover at the top, so that it wouldn’t be so easy to hole up in the towers.

If maps make a return, I’d rather they come back with small modifications (@ll_R_E_D_l) like this, for better or worse, to make it feel fresher and it might just work well.

1 Like

Some of the funniest/greatest KOTH matches dwelled on this map. Definitely one of the greatest maps.

2 Likes

I miss check out😔

1 Like

I don’t think I’m a damn genius or anything, I remember screwing around the first few days of operation 3 trying to get the volcano to erupt to no avail :frowning:

It’s like, its a map with a freaking volcano and no one thought it would be cool to utilize it. Just insane when you think about how poorly thought out the map was, that dudes comment about devs being paid by sq ft sounds believable lol.

1 Like

Pahanu is a good map but it plays better in different modes. I enjoy KOTH and Gridiron on it, but TDM not so much.

Come to think of it, FFA wold be pretty sick on this map.

I felel every tc map could lose 40% of the floorspace, but keep everything else the same and this would have the maps playing out much better.
Everything seems designed to make sure you HAVE to be exposed for a long time when moving between cover oo around the map in general.
Not to even talk about the amount of wasted space in spawns and on irrelevent bits of the map.