If aim assisf must be in the game, can we all at least agree that the gnasher and longshot should not have it

I know we all know that the longshot and embar give you headshots in this game that you definitely don’t deserve. Same with the gnasher. The number of times I’ve been bodied by somebody who wasnt even aiming at me has singlehandedly almost made me quit this game

2 Likes

Agree whatever the setting is for escalation should be across the board unless ur playing arcade. Half the fun of the game is being able to make people miss shots consistently. This single factor has changed the entire way this game plays. I don’t really like escalation so I guess I have to deal with it but it really takes the excitement out of it both ways. When I get those shots I don’t get the same rush as when I actually aimed at them. I really think this is one of the biggest reason gears 5 feels meh to Me. I like and play it but in no way get that same satisfaction as the older games gave mez

2 Likes

You just know they dropped skill levels when a decent gear in 4 on koth would I’d say average 30-40 kills, about 20 a match to being good in gears 5 having to have at least 60 kills (eLiMiNaTiOnS) by the end of the game or your rank isnt going up. Honestly, when there doesn’t require skill to play a game the whole game falls Into meta category. And most of these eLiMiNaTiOnS are usually off magnatism with a Gnasher or if there is a snipe in the field, that. Take the magnatism away, skills have to go up, gameplay becomes more meaningful, and we get a game we actually have fun with. I love gears of war but the popular opinion is gears 5 is just not fun. Keeping my Hopes up for op 4 but that’s gonna be their last chance from me before my money’s getting invested elsewhere.

1 Like

I have had many kills that shouldn’t of been headshots but then ive not gotten the kill when it should be a headshot when uusing longshot so it kinda evens itself out.

1 Like

As for the Gnasher I feel like I bodied way more player’s only to have them sponge the shot compared to getting that undeserving Gnasher kill.

1 Like

Gnasher. Aim Assist. Aim Down Sights. Grrrr.

Anyone else suffers with the ADS at close range. In Horde i will go up to an enemy with the Gnasher, get close aim at their head, then ADS and the aiming is completely off. Sometimes i do this without thinking and just shoot over their shoulders. It happens on PvP too, but i very rarely play PvP, so i used PvE as an example.

Is it just me, or does anyone else suffer with this ridiculous thing.

And T-bow

There’s also the shots where someone shoots where u were, u see the blood spray next to where your standing/crouched and get gibbed, its mostly the full width of the character where u see the blood.