If a players internet is very unstsblevand the number is bouncing lag comp needs to be turned off for them

Ive seen lots of people recently w/ suspicious speeds. The people running bit torrents on their connection are essentially using a lag switch… intentionally. I dont like lag comp software…but I understand the need for it for latent players. But people with internet connection numbers that are bouncing up and down…intentional or unintentional…need not benefit from lag comp…it only benefits them and them.only…and with swinging.internet it gives them an unfair advantage. So turn off the software. Let.them.be the ones ghosting shots.

It seems like people with higher ping (over 100 but under 150) it isn’t that bad… It’s when someone’s ping is bouncing everywhere that the match is laggy as hell, even if their bouncing ping is low

1 Like

@VettleGT yeah…its the unstable ping. Im sure there is an algorithm that constantly fluctuates when the ping is fluctuating. Makes the whole match fluctuating garbage.

1 Like

Same thought here, agree 100%…some algorithm is going up and down and trying its best to keep the game running smoothly but with a certain players ping jumping all over the place it’s messing the whole thing up

@VettleGT concur. I just wonder when we as gamers not only demand consistency but get it. Internet has come along ways. Catering to every player, even the ones with garbage internet, isnt very savvy anymore. At least natch garbage with garbage.

1 Like

yes when you log into multiplayer it should do like a 10 or 15 second check to see if you have stable ping and then match you with other people that have unstable ping.

then maybe after every match there is a 10-second check to make sure your Internet is still stable I don’t know if it does that or not but it’s not working if it is.

@VettleGT im pretty sure it doesnt do any of that.

1 Like