If 7 cards were available instead of 5, what would be your top 5 builds

There’s 7 slots instead of 5. With 2 more cards to choose from, which class builds would you consider top 5? And what would your card setup be for each during a horde or frenzy run? State class first then build.

• It doesn’t have to be limited to just one build a class. One class could have multiple builds in your top 5 if that’s what you feel.

Will never happen since it would make some classes even more absurd but I guess it’s a nice thought experiment to consider

Blademaster :

Short Range Deflect and Shock Shield on top of the usual loadout(seems like the most useful/logical choices to me).

Gunner :
Reflect Shredder
Serrated Edge
Bait Armor
Concussive Explosives
Heavy Shell
Mulcher Mastery(Mulcher, duh)/Heavy Charger(Tri-Shot)
Heavy Capacity

For a full-on heavy weapon build, would replace Serrated Edge and Concussive Explosives with Heavy Deflect and Blast Shield(whatever good tjat might do). Depending on dailies, might remove reflect shredder and heavy shell for other cards.

Pilot :
Aggressive Armor
Cold Finish(largely useful for stopping that pesky Matriarch in its track at low health or when a target is low but out of Drop ammo)
The Hammer
Tri-Shot(generally what I prefer going with normally)/Mulcher(Vampire dailies)
Salvo
Healing Explosives
Last card… well, Enforcer Expert I guess. Kind of an useless/redundant card I’d practically get no use out of

Anchor :
Bloody Shot
Harness Energy(the barrier stim card)
Bullet Chain
Barrier Feedback
Barrier Duration
Barrier width(what’s it called again?)
I dunno, the headshot taunt card? Can’t imagine anything useful off the top of my head, in Horde.

Infiltrator :
Well… the usual stim build + Driven(if that even makes any difference whatsoever) and Chain if I want to go on cloak murder sprees. Alternatively would add Gnasher damage or maybe the overkill card if it reduces pellet spread in one of the two slots.

Marksman :
Probably going to look like the strange one but here goes.

Ambush
Exploit Weakness
Icy Precision
Critical Parade
Explosive Headshot(yes it has a different name in 5, no I don’t care - it only explodes enemies on headshots and not on “critical kills” even though some enemies have crit areas outside the head)
Modified EMBAR
Modified Longshot

The reasoning here is simple - as the EMBAR currently is just an awful killing weapon, I’d use it in X-Ray for targets that are closer by, and the damage bonuses largely help bypass its shortcomings, while keeping the Longshot for long distance shots and ult downtime periods. Icy Precision for freezing a Scion followed by a one shot headshot kill, or not being completely helpless against bosses. It’s pretty much all you can get out of Marksman save wave clearing buils but I don’t do that so no Handling.

Nomad :

Execution Shield
Faze
Concussive Boltok(or whatever it’s called again)
Consecutive Shot
Markza Mastery
Intimidation
Menace/Gnasher Mastery(really depends on whether you use the Fear to keep stuff from the base and shoot it with the Markza, or go after that Scion you just scared off at close range)

Not much to say here. Pretty much taking the best aspects of both builds with a seventh slot that is largely down to personal preference and I just came up with two suggestions for.

That just about covers the classes I tend to play regularly enough to put some thought into this idea.

2 Likes

Even havinv 1 extra card slot would be super busted but 2 ? Thats just insane lol however :

For BM :

Blade Dancer
Energy Surge
TOTH
Brawler
Shock Chain
Gnasher Mastery
Nimble (not a joke, people sleep on nimble.)

Infil (would be an absolute busted build)
Reaper
Enhanced Stim
Stim Batteries
Laceration
Blood Resonance
Cloak Batteries
Chain

1 Like

Three of the promo classes only have six cards that aren’t score boost, and I find that funny for this thought experiment.

2 Likes

Your Venom Run with nimble still makes me laugh every single time I watch that vid.

2 Likes

I think this would be best for a solo run, but on a team, I’d take Gnasher damage and Overkill spread over Cloak and Chain. But that’s because I really only use that ult for damage or picking up teammates in bad situations.

If I can do even more damage before bleed, hot damn.

2 Likes

Lots of fun on Checkout. Love the card.

1 Like

Infiltrator:

Reaper
Enhanced Stim
Stim Batteries
Laceration
Blood Resonance
Driven
Gnasher Mastery

THIS would be so busted… i mean the Class is already busted but this;

Marksman:

Icy Precision
Critical Parade
Longshot Handling
Modified Longshot
Exploit Weakness
Crit-Explosive
Ambush

Demolition:

Custom Gl
Custom Boomshot
Confirmed Kill
Spotter Support
Razor Hail
Bulletboost
Grenade Pouch (?) a 7. Card is not even needed tbh

Sniper-Nomad:

Consecutive Shot
Markza Mastery
Intimidation
Armored Shot
Lifeline
Acceleration
Rain Down or Nomad Armor

Blademaster:

Blade Dancer
Energy Surge
TOTH
Brawler
Shock Chain
Shock Shield
Brutal Claw (for more bleeding and Chainsaw protection) :joy:

Medic would be nice.

A cool mode i would like is. insane x2 where every card and perk is full and maxed (then you could balence from there) Characters with less cards can pick a random card from another class just to make it fun.

I’ve always thought whether a level-up points system would work in this game when it comes to skill cards.

So to elaborate on what I mean, skills will need to be unlocked and levelled up naturally like it requires us to do now.

However as they are levelled up and upgraded, you can choose what level the card can be applied to the maximum level you currently have.

So if you have a maxed out skill card of level 6, you can choose to equip it at anywhere between levels 1-6, with each level costing one skill point.

So imagine you have a maxed out class - you will have 30 skill points which you could divy out equally across 5 skill cards (6 points each, so all skills are level 6 and this totals the available 30 points you have). However you could choose to equip all skill cards at level 5 each, and this leaves you with 5 points remaining which enables you to equip a 6th card also at level 5.

In theory you could split the points across multiple skill cards, but they wouldn’t be as high level due to the limited maximum number of level points you have. But as an example, a Blademaster could be built like this:

(1) Thrill Of The Hunt - level 6
(2) Brawler - level 5
(3) Shock Chain - level 5
(4) Blade Dancer - level 4
(5) Energy Surge - level 4
(6) Short-range Deflect - level 3
(7) Shock Shield - level 3

Based on above, the total number of levels is 30 (the maximum).

There’d probably have to be some caps involved though to balance it. Maybe a maximum number of cards equipped or something?

It’s basically a similar system to what some RPG games use for levelling up - you gain XP and as you level up you gain skill points points over time which you choose to allocate to different skills. For example Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Mass Effect and so on; but this idea for GOW simply means that points can be reset after each game so you can micromanage and change them accordingly from game to game if you wanted to.

1 Like

I’d probably exclusively play Combat Medic if I can have Razors Edge(1), Perfect Condition(2), Dodge(3), Intervention(4), Overdoing it(5), Grenade Pouch(6) and Helpful Headshots(7) all in one go.