Ice Block - Is this the Set That Comes With Kait?

Ice Block - Is this the Set That Comes With Kait?

It’s the ones of you bought either the gears 5 console or the kait controller or the gears 5 Seagate hard drive I believe.

Edit: I believe the Kait controller gives you the Kait skin.

2 Likes

not with the kait controller, I only received ice Kait with it. but Its def with the other two you mentioned.
Im happy im gonna be able to get those skins because ive always wanted them, but I feel bad because its supposed to be an “exclusive item”.

1 Like

Eh, “exclusive items” are dumb. I got the Gears 5 console, have the skins, and I’m happy other people get to have them too now.

Restricting and gatekeeping doesn’t do anything for anyone.

3 Likes

Yes I just remembered the controller just now. Well I have the ice block load out set and to give them credit TC did in fact mention the skins would be in the store eventually so I’m not upset about it.

Actually looking forward to completing the set now!

1 Like

yeah i had just saw something about them releasing it too.

i wouldnt say gatekeeping but rather just restriction.

Tbf though this one is different. I can’t find the source pic atm but I vividly remember something about it saying these skins would make there way to the store at a later date in the future.

Restriction is what TC does by walling them off. Gatekeeping is what a player does if they complain that other people can get what they have.

The only time in Gears 5 that I felt that was justified was the Blood Omen Imago. Because before that was just given away, you had to tattoo Gears onto your body to get it. I’d be a little peeved if I earned it with a permanent addition to my skin then they gave it out to other people for free lol.

Sweet. Was wondering when they’d be out. Still need toxic complete too. Hope they’re coming next.

no I just saw that TC was gonna release them to the public.
I saw that after I made the post.

It was in one of the first This Week In Gears for 5. It literally says “The Ice Block weapon set will come to the Game store at a later unspecified date”.

thats a rip. i would be pretty mad as well.

1 Like

Here ya go!

3 Likes

I wonder if Ice Kait will also come to the store later on?

On a side note, awesome. I remember back when the game launched, some twitch player was bragging having the weapon set thanks to a friend, with said friend saying he had some codes to sell (I think it was around $20 per code he was charging). Wonder how will buyers react, lol.

You know, Ice Kait looks cool, but Kait has multiple good skins and I find myself never really using it. Especially since only one of the maps is even… icy. She looks out of place on most others.

3 Likes

Same here, I prefer her Skull design as well as her Outsider one. In fact, I think I am also a bigger fan of her simpler Winter Armor skin over the Ice Kait… Don’t know, not a big fan of the glasses and the huge skull on the armor… makes me feel like I’m using a heavier character when at PvP.

3 Likes

Personal favorites are Desert Kait and HB Kait. I’ll swap between those and Classic when picking her for PvE.

Much obliged. I knew I remember reading it somewhere.

1 Like

i spend for the ice kait , ice weapon set and the ice jack,If all be purchasable,i am annoyed for that,Because this make us be teased.When i want some other exclusive items be purchasable,some guys also this attitude.

2 Likes