I would like to share a personal accomplishment

So from the ages of 13-17 I weight between 130-135lbs. I had an insanely fast metabolism and very little muscle mass. So two years ago, I got serious about working out and my diet. I weighed myself today and am now 165lbs. A 30lbs increase. Not massive by any means, but in comparison its pretty significant.
Anyways, happy holidays.

12 Likes

Dude that’s awesome man! I’m actually “trying” to gain some weight myself. It’s been a little rough because my metabolism is sonic the hedgehog mode 24/7.

1 Like

Thank you. The struggle is real. I have to eat constantly in order to put on any weight. Protein shakes and whole milk help a lot.

Yeah I like to eat food, but I’m usually never in the mood to eat :frowning:

Yeah exactly. I could go an entire day with eating one meal and feel completely fine. I am never hungry.

Well done Dave!

1 Like

Yeah it’s been rough because I’m trying to gain at least 10 pounds I’m 124 atm.

Definitely avoid cardio and do weightlifting, as well as guzzle as much milk as you can stomach lol

Well good because I’m not the biggest fan of cardio lol.

1 Like

Heavy weights, low reps and sets

1 Like

Low and slow :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nice. Meanwhile, my fat ■■■ needs to go back to exercising regularly like 3 years ago instead of being a lazy ■■■■.

1 Like

Was a skinny lad myself, aged 19 or so I was a measly 126 ish pounds at 6 foot.

26 now and 182 (wanna get to 200). All about the basics in the gym for me and eating big but of course as healthy as possible. Tracking food as sometimes it’s not your metabolism you just aren’t getting the calories in of which I realised. I need to hit around 4,000-4,500 a day to see a steady rise in my weight. MyFitnessPal is a great app for that and free.

Usually dedicate a day to cardio as a healthy heart is needed whatever your weight, strength and conditioning circuits/boxing etc

Gyms are closed in the U.K. still until Monday, cannot wait to get back in there, been months. The few weights I have at home just isn’t enough and the drive isn’t there either :rofl:

1 Like

That’s lit, it feels like everyone wants to change their body in some way but few people have the motivation to follow through. Funny that you’re basically doing the opposite of me, I’m going for that Gow2 Maria emaciated look, so it’s cardio, small weights, and omad.

2 Likes

Nice. That’s a lot of work.

1 Like

“Light weight baby.”

2 Likes

How many calories you are on now? Height and weight?? What kind of food did you use to eat? Do you smoke? sleep quality? What is your training age? any health condition?
Sorry for the questions but I’m in the field and do this as a job :smiley:

1 Like

I don’t think it matters. He’s from planet krypton.

2 Likes

nice. keep it up and you’ll be giving Marcus a run for his money :+1:

1 Like

Some gyms are closed here too. I built a home gym over quarantine👍