I will not buy Gears of War 5 unless these Horde issues are addressed

horde

(J4CKA1) #104

i miss berserkers. really the only “boss” in gears that was super fun and super intense at the same time.

(HayMaker304) #105

I had the dropshot glitch again a few times on me today.

Got it unstuck by picking up a dropped scions dropshot.

I really wish that TC would look into it.

(Duffman GB) #106

Gears 3 The Slab a couple of days ago. Me and two other randoms, wave 10 and be get a Zerker. She took ages to kill, great fun though and relief when she exploded. I got the final damage with a planted nade :wink:

(J4CKA1) #107

See?! How freaking fun was that?

(Duffman GB) #108

You are leaning against an open door with me mate, I love Horde 2.0 :+1:

(J4CKA1) #109

Haha, no I know. I’m just riding the happy train of agreements going on in this forum. lol Usually so much arguing.

(Chezwickcheese) #110

I’m a huge fan of the Horde Mania style game mode that has a boss wave every 5 waves. The no time between waves is a little chaotic for public games but I’ve enjoyed have a boss wave every 5 waves. That should be the standard imo

(HayMaker304) #111

I wish you could go without the score keeping between each and every round. Make it between every 5 or something like that. Would make mania lots quicker

(pradDIABLO) #112

I think allowing people to join mid-match in horde would solve most of the frustration. The hopelessness after 2 of your teammate dropping out is just pure painful. I think after implementing mid-match joining even 50 waves would be fine. People can drop in- drop out. If someone wants to play all 50 waves, they can. Everybody is happy. :slight_smile:

(diablo vs24) #113

I’m ok with the power, but I think adjustments could be made.

Make it so all power picked up (no matter the class) during the wave is doubled and retire the deposit bonus. The scout would still be the ideal class for picking it up with health boosts, and with the latter, another card slot would be freed up for something else.

They could handle the strikes in a gears 3 economy style.

Firstly give every class a strike (or some widespread ability). They earn points throughout the match, with bonuses for completing the objectives, waves, and consecutive waves, that can then be used for strikes (or abilities).

This would prevent strike overuse, which in turn would allow for the cost to stay down; and people not participating wouldn’t be able use them very often.

Sentries could be an issue. (Maybe share points with the whole squad).

(diablo vs24) #114

A somewhat minor change would be to add the downed player viewer to the tac-com (maybe hold RB, hit Y). Picking up barriers when trying to locate someone has the potential to mess up a wave, especially on higher difficulties.

(HayMaker304) #115

You can invite people to come save you lol

(mendigo2005) #116

I see that happening if Coalition let the money only for fortifications and an alternative way to strikes.

Remember limit breaks on FF7? Every time you take damage, a limit bar charges. When full, you can land the special attack.

(SWEARxMAN) #117

Gears of War 2 horde was where it’s at. Have to pick up Shields hold on to them. You had to make your own fortifications it was great. The only thing it was locking we’re bosses. I could do without classes skill cards and crafting. Seems very out of place and just the way to sell loot boxes.

(lnSaNe ShoTZz) #118

its just too much bs… its way over complicated now and i refuse to play horde beccause its terribly boring. i miss the shields in gears of war…

what does make sense is that the developers use to make the horde as hard as possible now they just give you all crazy kind of tools to help you…

(HayMaker304) #119

I don’t guess you ever play on insane then lol

(lnSaNe ShoTZz) #120

i played maybe 5 games of horde… yawn

(Junglist Shoota) #121

Try Insane+ as Sniper. Not boring at all. :slight_smile:

(J4CKA1) #122

I don’t understand how it’s complicated? Kill - put power in box - buy from box - repeat.

I like running engineer without sentries or sniper if I want fun. Everything else either isn’t in my wheel house or is boring – i’m looking at you, scout class.

(Junglist Shoota) #123

Grab Embar and Dropshot and try to MVP Scout. You’ll be busy!