I want an explanation for this

This makes me wish they remastered Gears 2 with p2p servers and authentic bullet lag.

Gonna have to hard disagree with you there. I would say that gears 4 is at least a little better than 5, but 4 is definitely not the best gears game by any means. I think it’d be safer to say either 2 or 3 were the best.

1 Like

only way to shut up mark is to be mark

2 Likes

This happens to me a lot

1 Like

You know what they say about imitation.

Gears4 and 5 are trash…gears 1 had the best shotty and sniper battles. Gears2 had the best maps.

Sadly, this happens all the time to me… Hard wired, 30 to 60ms ping showing

1 Like

Well lahni said to trust your guts and you didn’t so they spontaneously were expelled from your body

4 Likes

Aww of course. How silly of me :relieved:

Rose tinted glasses my friend…

One of the things that made Gears 1 shotgun battles feel like battles was the fact that only half your shots registered. In addition to that, the active down with the Longshot made for the worst sniper battles.

1 Like

While this is true i dont remember so many point blank Gnasher headshots doing little to no damage. Are there even Gnasher headshots in this game? Im not even sure because all the ones that should be arent registering. I do agree that all Gears games had their registration issues, but this one IMO takes the cake by far.

2 Likes

That pissed me off just by watching it. I don’t even want to play today after witnessing that.

1 Like

The main reason I left Gears 5 (PVP)!

2 Likes

Lmao just wait until you play against someone with a rapid fire controller
You’ll lose your marvels

1 Like

Yeah I just up and stopped playing for a while after that.

Yea no… 3 was the best. Then 2. Then 1. Then 4. Then judgment . Then 5. I’m sorry, but anyone who thinks 4 was the best is either new to the franchise or is basing their opinion on graphics and how good 4 looked. 4 was a carved out, boring version stuffed wit loot boxes and most of its maps were old maps!! People say TC ran out of ideas with 4, no. They started 4 without ideas. There’s a reason they didn’t make a bunch of new maps and remade older ones. There’s a reason they made multiple versions of the maps they actually created (harbor, foggy harbor? Yea, real creative)… they never had many ideas to start. There’s even a reason 5 launched with half its maps from 4… they don’t have any good ideas besides reusing content so that they save money on content… they just use old stuff again and again and call it content.

Besides all that… 4 had barely anything to do. Compare it to previous games that kept adding modes… even judgment tried to add new stuff and gave us a lot of variety, but no, that all went away in 4. We just got FFA back in 5 (and TC even managed to screw it up and make it feel like judgment’s version was better), but you think 4 was the best? How? Which features? The campaign? Horde? PvP? It was all better in 3 and even 2.

I’m genuinely curious to know what you think made 4 the best, cause I’m scratching my head right now.

That’s the gib range I’ve been talking about! Now you you all see… & y’all called me a whiner…

1 Like

Its not about not having standards. Its about differences in ping speed. Latency is a mug in this game. To me. I actually feel punished playing gears b/c of my good internet. The game is great about tracking my movements for latent players, but not so great at predicting other players movements that are latent to me. Plus, the latent player gets additional lag compensation.
You were blown up by a really laggy player. He knows exactly where you were b/c you were in his “past”. You didn’t see him b/c he was lagging so bad he was essentially in your “future”. The server was obviously having a hard time even knowing where he was. But it knew where you were, And he aimed and fired “close enough” to you that the server said okay…close enough. Your lagging behind so lets just compensate for those differences in time by saying “good enough” “now go celebrate by teleporting your ■■■ around the map”.

1 Like

Clearly lag.

Happens all the time in gears 5, looks like he blindfired around cover and either the shot wrapped around the wall due to bullet adhesion/magnetism. Or there was a latency issue where the game thought you were still out in the open.
Ryan went over this in an interview saying it’s a bug they have been trying to fix. Basically the game assumes your in a position you are not and you getting gibbed in stupid ways like this is why.
This stuff never happened in old gears titles, now I’m not sure if it’s something TC did when making the game or if it may have happened in the older titles if they were being played on current servers/hardware.
Then again it could be a complete connection issue, Xbox live lets anyone play no matter how trash the connection which is why 90% of the bs we deal with happens in gears.

1 Like