I upgraded to a series x

And I’ve been playing significantly better. I thought I was losing my gears touch for a while there. Anyone else experience this?

1 Like

I upgraded to a Series X day one. (My friends manage multiple Gamestops. I got lucky.) I don’t think it upgraded my play, but my TV is only a 60fps cap, so it’s not like I got an upgrade in visual performance.

It is much prettier, though, and loading screens are limited to people’s internet connections. So that’s cool.

Playing Gears 5 at 4K 120 is truly a thing to behold. Have been playing that way for a while now and it’s hard to go back.

1 Like

Got mine on day one,it does help me on horde,:sunglasses:new controller is flimsy,but the grip on the back is a good idea,my hands sweat,and still firm in my hands

It’s worth it. While the visual improvements are good, for me it’s the quicker loading screens that’s the real benefit. Especially on Escape.

4 Likes

I play on pc mostly but i also have my xx and use it occasionally. Its really nice to be able to run gears 5 and gears 4 at 60 FPS on console. I did not upgrade to a x1x so i am certainly enjoying my console.

The only downside to my xx was purchasing it in an over priced gamestop bundle.

I hurl less abuse at you for wasting my time this way.

1 Like

@SnubbbS, this guy just got his Series X and already has a thread talking about it. While you, on the other hand, have had your PC for months now and yet can’t bring yourself to write a long-promised thread on it.
Thoughts?

3 Likes

Outside of loading into matching significantly faster than most of my teammates, I didn’t notice much of a difference in gameplay from the series X alone. However, once I got a 120 Hz monitor, I noticed a HUGE improvement in my playing performance. I swear, it feels like everything was slowed down and it was so much easier to land my shots. I went from thinking the Lancers was under powered to just right, because I am not actually able to land all my shots.

XSX are more rare than the Peruvian Puff Pepper around these parts.
Good job my guy.
cant wait to see when they are more readily available and to test if I just completely forgot how to play gears when it comes to 5, or if this game should have just waited and been a next gen title only lol.

For me it’s the whole console experience. Every console ever has slow-■■■ UIs and make browsing their stores and going from app to app feel like you’re on a Windows 98 computer. The Series X is the first console that performs like my PC when outside of the game as well as in it. So it was definitely worth the upgrade.

2 Likes

It’s up to 45,000 characters. I might make an addendum thread on gameplay a week prior, then reference it in the main thread.

1 Like

crazy to think we played this game at 30fps not that long ago.

3 Likes

Yes, the series x runs games better. I don’t play gears at the moment but on warzone it was incredibly noticeable the first time I played on the series x.

Sub 30fps in the 360 era. We’ve come a long way.

1 Like

I didnt mind the x1 store app.

The real piece of ■■■■ user interface was the trash ps4 ui. I feel it was worse then the ps3. Trying to go to the store or closing games would freeze the console for around 60 seconds. That trash was the most important reason for me wanting and getting a unicorn (ps5)

1 Like

I’ve never been a fan of the PS UI but I attribute that to my experience with Xbox, because my PS friends can’t seem to figure out my Xbox lol.

XB1 initially was pretty bad. It wasn’t actually better than the 360 until probably the second year of updates, IMO. Now it’s really good and the Series X runs it in real time, no waiting time. So I’m happy with it.

I remember early on you couldnt close games. I learned this by mcc crashing and i couldn’t play it, game was stuck between the credit scene and main menu with the music playing. I think i had to hard reset my x1 by yanking the power cable out.

I dislike the layout and where options are located on x1, x1x, and xx but I’ll be damned if it didn’t respond faster then ps4s horse ■■■■

1 Like

no more 30 years of load time :smiley:

2 Likes

Problem with that is someone will cry and start whining about another PC advantage sad excuse. Meanwhile in todays OSOK event all the controller players with aim assist on were locking onto my head. No one crys about that though. Literally aimbot for players with controllers, platform makes minimal difference.

1 Like