I thought gears was finally working for low ping

…but then I sussed out what was going on and spoiled what has been a fun week playing gears.
Story ahead, sorry.

The past week gears has been playing actually alright. Shots seemed good, hits where mostly hits, misses didn’t get me too may odd gibs.
Movement felt fluid, if slow, but it seemed to let me bounce pretty well. Even bouncing big slides that usually end with me humping one wall worked pretty consistently

Had an odd outlier game that played like trash, where 3 players joined with ping in the hundreds. That game was back to low ping hell., but the game after, with even more crappy connections, played OK again.I really started to think maybe tc have stealth fixed some netcode or system and the game might finally be playing like it should.

Tonight I sussed it out.
My phone line very briefly cut out and weirdly didn’t kick my internet.
After checking I was still online, I remebered my dowload speeds had been a bit slow and i’d seen my server pings for other games be a bit higher than normal. So after checking I was correct , download and upload were nearly half my normal speed. I jumped on sky’s site and got them to run a basic line test.

Yep, you guessed it. There is a frackin’ line fault, a line fault! FFS gears.

The game has played the best it has since launch and it is while my connection is faulty!!!
What kind of hellish logic do these damnned severs work under when my ailing connection seems to be the key reason that the game has played well!

Just…like… :man_facepalming: :man_shrugging: :roll_eyes:
I know we low pingers complain about this a lot, but I need outlet for my frustration with this ridiculous situation.

1 Like

Man I feel for you, you’re REALLY trying to enjoy this game

I’ve not bothered since before Xmas cause NOTHING makes logical sence an I jus can’t take it anymore with gears

Respect for your perseverance tho bro :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Bash 1 out?? :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Dude…

If I did that every time I got frustrated with gears, it would fall off before the end of the week. :astonished: :scream:

2 Likes

Just when you thought is was safe to go back in the water! Lol

My internet was upgraded a fortnight ago from 1.75MB download to 40MB download and I don’t really notice any difference. Ping is still around 20 per match.

Your never going to notice the difference either. . I average 20 ping too. With all spongeing if feels like I have 100 ping! That’s the difference this game that’s wonky spongeing. And COD were your gameplay and shots are as smooth as butter!