I suspended my self from Gears 5

TC is cracking down on quitters which is great…except not in my case! If you play on PC and have an Nvidia Graphics Card then you’ll know the game freezes often. Today i was in a Ranked Match and my game Froze, this usually happens when i die and i am being transferred to spectate a teammate before i re spawn however instead i am greeted with a black screen where nothing happens and the audio from the game is on a loop indicating the game is frozen, Long story short i opened task manager and quit the game and re opened it again and tried to re join the match but was told i was suspended from matchmaking for 2 days and 12 hours.

The reason the suspension time is so long is because earlier this week i was suspended for 1 day and 12 hours because my internet cut out, i was upset but i was eager to play gears again so i waited and on my sixth match in, my game froze and i had to close the game and was suspended for an even longer time.

I reached out to TC on twitter about this but i doubt they will respond, I basically can’t play gears anymore because my pc is always going to freeze gears unless i get a new graphics card and the suspension times will always get longer.

I have over 100 hours played and have spent around $50 on the game on cosmetics such as chrome steel, thanks alot TC.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear it. Incredible to me that they released ANOTHER game that’s broken for many pc users. I foolishly said they wouldn’t make the same mistake twice.

4 Likes

Its Been happening since Gears 4 but i guess they just assumed it wouldn’t be an issue.

I didn’t see this with other games. I believe it’s a TC issue. I’m mostly replying to say I didn’t flag you. Lol. Not sure why some people got so offended at that.

1 Like

Wait why did he get flagged? Who flagged him for saying it wasn’t TC’s fault?

1 Like

It’s the mystery of the Gears forums. They used to have a really good format, then when to this thing, which I hate.

1 Like

careful, they might flag you as well loool

2 Likes

I’ve had issues with Nvidia though.

I’m not saying it’s not TCs fault but it’s definitely not exclusively their fault.

For example,

Gears 4/5 runs perfect for me since I’m on a RTX card.

BUT -

When I upgraded my drivers past the official Gears 5 driver for Modern Warfare and went back to Gears 5,

The stuttering was insane!

I was getting very, very bad micro-stutters constantly and had to revert back.

Now the only thing I changed was the driver.

That’s from Nvidia.

Now, with Gears 4, there was a “stable” driver 382.53.

Going past this caused crashes.

Again,

It’s not solely a TC issue but Nvidia one too.

Don’t know why I got flagged either.

Just wanted to point this out.

What is the Driver that works best with Gears 5? If my game freezes again during a ranked match i’ll probably get suspended for like 3 days and 12 hours or something stupid like that.

i have two buddies that play on pc and gears 4 was unplayable. i mean it worked for sometimes 4 games straight and then they would crash. if we’re lucky they will be able to rejoin, but sometimes its towards the end of the match and they’ll have a long quit penalty ruining the night

gears 5 is better now for them it doesnt crash as often but we were shocked to see that it still crashes once in a while…

this is a game issue. these guys play other games all the time and it never ever crashes. only this game.

1 Like

Happened to me with 4 but I’ve been mostly ok with 5. (1070ti). Every time they update the game I get weird graphical glitches though.

(Purple smoke hues, broken/enlarged crosshairs on Embar, indiscernible active gauges etc) . Sometimes my menu screen looks like color blast.

Turning off kill cam apparently helps with a decent chunk of visual glitches but some still remain in my case.

I’d say the official one or the one just before it.

1 Like

Can’t speak your mind too much around here. Unless you’ve been playing SiNcE O6 bR0

I have exactly the same issue! Just got suspended for 1 day, 6 hours

1 Like

Sucks man i know

1 Like

If you play on PC and have an Nvidia Graphics Card then you’ll know the game freezes often.

Speak for yourself. No issues on my end. Close to 200 hours.

I have a Nvidia card and didn’t have any issues. Already spent some time to unlock seriously 5.0