I have lost respect for the Coallition now that I know their business methods

I have no issues with the class system per se. It’s locking it to characters that bothers me because it is an unnecessary act. If someone wants to “role play” and lock players into specific roles with specific characters they can just organize that stuff instead of complaining that other people don’t want to be restricted to Baird and Del if they want to be an engineer rather than using say, Marcus, JD or Kait for that. Or any other character. In a way, classes helps to make it more interesting in the long run rather than the Gears 2 type of Horde with no forts or classes that seems like it would get repetitive and stale even faster than what exists now. It’s just class locks that I despise. If this was a dedicated RPG with character creation? No problem. But the way Gears is? Absolutely not fine.

And TC did solve the power collection problem by just letting anyone pick it up with a bonus that goes away after what, 30 seconds(could perhaps be a minute cause it’s unlikely anyone but a cloaked Jack or Kait will collect power during waves on the higher difficulties unless there’s only one enemy left, by the time any bonus power will likely have expired already)?

I don’t know what saying you’re referring to. Not one I’ve heard.

The saying is “It takes a village to raise a child.” See this.

Alright, but I’m not sure I quite understand how to interpret it in relation to the post of yours. Is it in regards to the player reception/support of such systems or just the in-match teamwork required to make things work with a class system?

Think of a group of players with unique skills. One person can’t do it all.

1 Like

Welcome to Tangent City about other things other than the business model and grinding for too many hours.

How do other people feel about the time it takes?

It s true but usually if u play on higher levels i.e inconcivable they should definitely know to leave the power to the scout also all the teamates must suicide b4 the 1st wave 4 more power lol.

The Reups are the main issue with progression. They are literally designed only for grinders, not natural playtime progression, but they are being changed. Allies too but only if you’re going for those achievements and they have been working on making that better as well.

The Tour of Duty ranks are entirely feasible to complete in my view, within the three month time slot given for them. Whether that content should stay afterwards, I don’t really know or care much.

And it has been stated on dev streams TC was now tending towards not creating ridiculous artificial grinds but instead systems that emphasize just getting things through playing however you want. Whether this turns out to be true or not, well, time will tell.

And this subject has been discussed time and time again already.

As for skills grinding, that is a system which needs improving but the RNG by itself doesn’t have much to do with the money making aspect. All it has resulted in is people grinding Surge and Clock runs all the time in Escape, if they can use the character in Escape. It is also a subject that has been covered extensively before.

And if you want points regarding the grindy achievements, Gears 4 should have been a big red flag for that. It was to me and I basically decided that after getting about 3,500 out of 4,000 available GS of achievements, I simply didn’t bother trying to get the remaining ones and hardly bother with them in Gears 5, especially if the trend of “Go play some more of that content you already did for the last X months/years for achievements we decided were not retroactive when they should’ve been” is something that continues with it.

Yep. I remember those times.

With classes there some sort of accountability.

1 Like

I’m still trying to figure out what a Geard of War Veterna is

You have no clue what you’re talking about.

Maybe English is not your first language and German is.

It’s a pretty simple concept of those becoming aware of how they are manipulated through any means. We are not new to loot box concepts, data use and selling or business strategies of companies
anymore. We can now see what happens and can choose to reject it based on previous knowledge.

I believe that I know what I am talking about very well.
Would you like to contribute your opinion rather than attacking a post with a baseless sentence?

Lol typical case of dyslexia or typo GoW veterans

Google is your best friend ;

Woke (/ˈwoʊk/) as a political term of African-American origin refers to a perceived awareness of issues concerning social justice and racial justice.[1] It is derived from the African-American Vernacular English expression " stay woke ", whose grammatical aspect refers to a continuing awareness of these issues.

By the late 2010s, woke had been adopted as a more generic slang term broadly associated with left-wing politics and cultural issues (with the terms woke culture and woke politics also being used). It has been the subject of memes and ironic usage.

Huge emphasis on the last sentence. Glad you use “woke” unironically though. Great way to immediately spot an idiot.

To be fair, I was eventually able to get what the OP was referring to. I wouldn’t use the word or concept of “woke” at all because I think it’s incorrect usage.

But in the context of what the OP was trying to say, he was referring broadly to consumers being more aware of the sneaky tactics used by capitalist organisations. Anti-capitalism is associated with left-wing politics and economics, so I can see something of a connection there.

But I wouldn’t use the term “woke” purely because anti-capitalism fits better into a different and much older box altogether, and there has been alot written about the function and methods employed within capitalism for many many decades, whereas “woke” is a more contemporary thing.

“Woke” is also more associated with (left or right) identity politics rather than the concept of class against class struggle.

Well, the only time I “woke” is after sleeping.

2 Likes

I am sick of people acting as though TC are the antichrist then praising Epic, Gears 3 was the most grindy Gears game ever made by far, Seriously 3.0 is proof of this.