Gears Forums

How to reach Diamond (1) Solo in KOTH?

but everyone can cap for free.

but not everyone can kill fro free.

1 Like

always damage your opponent before going into gnasher shots/bouncing

rifle everything and mark everything

dont die dumb

understand where they will spawn and hurt them, stunting their pushing and letting your teammates or yourself kill them

understand when to push and when to sit back

dont die dumb

Thats why i dont play koth jist to warm up now. But let me tell you a story about a thing called 0 points in tdm for winning matches

Get kills(power weapon/gnasher). Minimize deaths. Grab caps.

Minimize lancering (do it, but don’t go overboard). I notice I get less skill points during games where I use my lancer more.

And when you get kills, you need to get them as fast as possible. I’ve noticed the ranking system is kinder if you get kills faster, even if you die a little more rather than camp and take your time.

Most randoms never do this. I don’t get it. It helps you keep track of your enemies movements, lets you know what weapon they’ve got out, and alerts your teammates who can assist.

1 Like

The key to reaching Diamond is to have @TC_Clown carry you. I’m not any good at Gears, but I just reached Diamond myself because @TC_Clown is just that inspiring. I’d recommend adding him to your Xbox friends list, hoping that you are one of the lucky few to actually be added back by him, and then praying that you’re fortunate enough to be able to play with him some day.

2 Likes

Well, that’s gotta be it! :joy:

I hit Diamond in KOTH last night Solo. I am not sure if you saw the updated ranking thread but its 80% about winning rounds now. Only 20% performance based.

1 Like

Yep, read it this morning.

Still isn’t going to be easy, but it’s better then having to get MVP during every match. Might be me, but I have the feeling that if I haven’t played for a few days/week, I rank up faster. (Only for a few matches)

But when I’ve played a few in a row, I keep getting stuck again…

Well, I’ll play some tonight and tomorrow to see how it goes…

#Sweat_mode_on :sweat_smile:

1 Like

You have no idea how hard im laughing right now

1 Like

Well a diamond player usually averages this stat per round

25-27 eliminations,
12-14 downs
7-9 captures
4-6 breaks
The score per minute should be 480-520 as well for a diamond player

Performance doesnt really matter much anymore. You just need to win a lot of 2-0 matches. Its 80% Win/Loss based and only 20% performance based. Of course performing well increases your chances of winning.

1 Like

Lol, played some Ranked KOTH tonight.

After my first match, (got about 105 eliminations or so, and we also won I believe) I got downranked all the way back to Onyx 1 (57%) :smirk: (Was ranked Onyx 2, 78%)

Safe to say, this is beyond bs…

Dont give up!! Just keep trying! Unless you are frustrated. Then take a break.

1 Like

Hopefully this solution works.
Fingers Crossed

2 Likes

Hi Mike, don’t make the mistake of thinking that if you have a high number of eliminations that you are doing well. It’s mostly about kills at the minute but TC are supposed to be changing it so there’s more accountability for assists. If there’s opportunity to get kills, go for them rather than the ring.

Lost Masters yesterday thanks to having quitters on my team 3 matches in a row. :unamused:

1 Like

I noticed, got downpaired all the way to Gold 3 again today… :relieved:

I believe single player performance should still count highly towards placing someone into the right tier/division. Losing a match because you might play with others that aren’t that good causes a huge drop in rank right now…

I’ve said it a million times: Gears 4’s ranking system was gold, compared to this garbage system we have right now…

They made it unnecessarily easy now. All you have to hope as a solo player is that your team doesn’t quit.

I tried playing with him but he told me he’s seen me hating on the game and that I’m lucky him and his boys from TC don’t come find me and teach me a lesson.

Then he threw up gang signs and started looking up at the sky with his snub out.

1 Like

Such is the price for Diamond.

2 Likes