How much dmg-res is required to survive Popper-explosions?

100% dmgres against everything clearly doesn’t cut it.

1 Like

Poppers are basically nukes if you don’t have stim.

3 Likes

Popper = RUN.
Nomad or Veteran though ?
As far as I can tell the invincibility doesn’t last till the explosion. It’s weird but you will get killed by a Lambent too after the execute.
There is literally no safe frame.

2 Likes

I yearn for the days when you could kick a drudge or lambent drone and roll back, and it’d be enough. Reject kick exists. I know it’s not necessarily ctrl+c, ctrl+v, but…

3 Likes

Absolutely disgusting, christ. I knew poppers were bad but I didn’t think it was that bad.

1 Like

Never really noticed poppers until classic horde was a thing. Now they are my most feared enemy. Evil things

1 Like

Death by Lambent explosion these days is pain.
It’s like the explosion is glue and it attaches to your character.
Shame they didn’t add drudge type enemies and use the reject for the base… But I digress.
Most non Hunter Elite explosives seem over tuned damage wise. Even Sluggers can’t deal with it.

5 Likes

The execution animation just accidentally cancelled by Popper, hence you don’t have 100% D.R.

The Execution Shield only applies during the execution animation.

What the… not sure I’ve ever had a Popper explode on me while in the middle of executing it.

I could see this being the case, as BS as it may be.

Generally, the stim from Execution Shield will still protect you as Nomad, so it is usually all good (and hilarious). But it looked like the stim didn’t grant because the execution was somehow interrupted. Such bad luck.

Lambent seem to be fairly safe to execute in my experience as for some reason I don’t lose my stim as they explode. Not sure on that one.

Yeah, it is ridiculous how strong those are, BS how you need to have near invulnerability to survive.

Yeah either you are down or it didn’t hit you lol. Be nice if they had noticeable damage falloff at the edge of the radius.

2 Likes

And that they completely ignore any Stim you have.

2 Likes

Yup.
Explosives and freezing from I’ve Scions has gone through the roof.
Frags are often a death sentence, unless you managed to spot it in time.

1 Like