How much Damage do you expect from each character on a boss wave

Like obviously JD, Engineer. And Kait will carry, but what kind of damage do you expect to be done with other characters on let’s say wave 40 on Incon or Master or just on a boss wave on general, or just any wave in general?

3 Likes

Not 69,696?

1 Like

I was giving a rough average. Should have included plus or minus 35,479.2

To answer depends on character, boss, and situation. I expect to pull my share of the load in all situations. I just want the boss to die quickly and the waves to progress.

Don’t worry about the scoreboard. It’s a meaningless measure. I’ve worked my tail off and been last. I’ve done very little and pulled mvp. Revived a couple people and score high regardless of damage.

1 Like

I agree, I would like to know how wave mvp is calculated though

TC likes their mysteries. I actually think they hire a statistician to create the formulas during development as a free contractor. Then he/she leaves and no one left on the team even knows.

2 Likes

I somewhat suspect the scoreboard still operates on a score per wave basis like Gears 4 did(based on some testing I did in private Horde with a guest account)… but only now the value is hidden so you can’t tell what went into making a player go to which spot nearly as easily.

As for damage values, I don’t have anything precise but I’d reckon seeing the big damage dealers(and Del if his Sentries clear up the small enemies while you deal with the boss) do from 100-500k during a boss wave is nothing unusual. I’ve gotten close to 1 million damage(around 900k) in a boss wave as JD when a Swarmak showed up on Inconceivable before and I did most of the work on it.

I’ve seen a jack with 0 damage done and 6 revives beat out a Jd with like 500k Damage done. Odd, very odd lol

Hence why I’m saying the scoreboard functionality in Gears 5 is a… little confusing to say the least. It seems more clear in Escape where a higher number of kills and assists is more likely to make you the match MVP, not that it matters much in the mode either. Unless you’re basically one man handling the entire hive with little left to do for your teammates…

1 Like
1 Like

I am sure that has never happened :wink:

1 Like

One thing I’ve learned is that as long as we’re winning I don’t care if I’m MVP or last in points, I just wanna beat the waves.

Primarily, if you have a overall great team, placement doesn’t even matter, BUT I due hate JD spamming the launcher in close proximity, constantly shaking my screen :unamused:.

2 Likes

Keep in mind that Dmg isnt everything, you might be the MVP (not on the scoreboard) and have only 5000dmg because you where using a Cryo on 5 Sentinels in Wave 45 and saved the Match because nobody was using one.

1 Like