How many Operations left?

You see I’d soon rather have the franchise in the hands of TC than Epic Games. I know Epic Games brought us amazing games like Gears 1-3 but then nearly absolutely tarnished the franchise with Judgment. I know a lot of fans blame Cliff Blezzinski for that horrendous game. Why on earth they thought it was common sense to remove Locust from MP, make it COG vs COG and remove the DBNO from the game? God almighty bad memories.

At least with TC they’ve listened to fan feedback by making Palace Guard, Armoured Kantus, Karn, Skorge, Cyclops and Bolter playable within Gears 4 and Gears 5.

1 Like

Might be that War Room map that somehow people can play on in Versus. Perhaps it’ll suddenly be ‘released’ later this OP.
For a good start of the year, they could do that and a couple of skins next week.

1 Like

You’re right, but then again concerning TC you only mention skins. While that is amazing, there is just too much stuff off to compensate for that. The game is now closer to how it should have been at launch, about sixteen months after its release. I would have rather had them delaying Gears 5 for a September 2020 release date than facing the horror they put us through at launch in 2019.

On topic: I hope for a couple more OPs, something like 10 OPs in total what others have already suggested sounds good. That gives time to fix a lot more bugs, make the whole thing more stable and release more characters and skins.

3 Likes

Yeah would be cool to have Operations until at least Operation 10. I guess there’s plenty of characters that could still arrive to cater for it.

1 Like

Yep the way gears is now is how it should’ve been at launch so a lot more content is needed in these remaining operations

I’d happily play gears 5 for another 2/3 years if we keep getting maps, skins, challenges and such whilst they work on releasing a proper gears of war

2 Likes

I just hope they learn from Gears 5 what NOT to do in GOW 6 as if they repeat these mistakes people might not buy the game.

GOW 4 was good but they screwed up with 5 at launch, they need to give a really good showing when GOW 6 comes out at launch.

I definitely think it will end at operation 10. That is my hunch

Operations will probably go on until Gears of War 6 launches, but I wouldn’t hold my breath for a large selection of new maps in them.

Hopefully Mansion and Nowhere come at least :wink::wink:

Hate to be “that” guy but long as hell developer times don’t necessarily translate to well polished games, ie Cyberpunk 2077.

When games are delayed like 90% of the time they just spend more time on pointless stuff, like I’m sure that Halo Infinite is spending its entire extra year of dev time to just improve the aesthetics… Gears 5 could’ve been just as bad with another year of dev time as sad as it sounds.

I feel bro they should just change name from GEARS5 to just GEARS and just have add-on packages to game so they can just focus on refining 1 game so it can be possible for them to divert attn to tuning the game to its peak and flush out all the bugs, For me After G3 & Ultimate remastered & change of developing. , G4 was good too, but I didnt play everyday like the old days of GoW, But most of the best characters have died so the story has died for me. but Love that they at least added some of the favs into PvP,but Unless they went backwards into the Pendulum Wars or something Gear 5 may be last. I would prefer just getting a $10 addon pack vs a $60 game that may be ok. But Im still a little hopeful TC & Devs will FIX & TUNE GEARS to it FULL Potential.
GEARS Omen v2

Not a bad idea actually! :wink:

1 Like

The problem with this idea os the developers decide to milk the game and never do a follow up, or they just keep making additions to MP for years with no intentions of making a new game. You can see this in MMOs, GTA online, and the many rereleases of Skyrim.

1 Like

Fair point. My logic is that with more time more attention can be given to for example bug fixes, but it totally depends on the priorities of the company. I for example expect that at least a bunch of TC employees weren’t looking forward to the release of Gears 5 because the game was obviously not finished yet. The quality was just jaw-droppingly bad and that has had serious consequences on the number of people playing the game.

Perhaps it’s a disadvantage of the age of the internet, in the past developers had to finish a game in time with proper quality because at most there would be an update worth a bunch of megabytes (if released on the pc, console players just had to deal with it). Now we can keep on getting new updates and new content which is absolutely terrific, yet it also feels like there’s a sort of attitude of ‘we still have this list of problems’ ‘well we will sort them out later with an update’. Although it’s common sense, hopefully the industry is paying attention that the people don’t appreciate this. It can hurt a lot and kill the game.

3 Likes

Abyss shows up twice on the stats page for some reason.

2 Likes

It would a Great addition of Hoffman maybe with Barrick called the the OLD guys Pack :rofl: jk but seriously its fun playing :sparkler:Veteran COG characters.

2 Likes

All veteran characters should’ve been on the game since launch. I hope Gears 6 (which I hope is far far away) changes this.

1 Like

Hoffman needs adding as soon as possible. Can’t believe he’s not in it already and he’s part of the Gears furniture :rofl::joy:

1 Like

True , since they have already added Some of the OG characters like Carmine, Dom, Minh, & Tai just to name a few, why not start putting in the others as rewards or in store in the coming weeks.hmm

1 Like

If what I’m hearing is correct, all those new skins that were leaked (or most of them, anyway) will be retroactive rewards for the re-ups.

1 Like