How long does it take for an afk to get kicked?

My last guardian game was down to the last 3 or 4 minutes and this dude who was afk for the whole round only got kicked as soon as I died around that time. Afaik he must have been afk for like several minutes without getting kicked which is completely ■■■■■■■ insane why the ■■■■ is the afk timer so long? He wasn’t even moving or looking anywhere and he died 4 times yet the game doesn’t kick him? Why?

As far as I know you don’t get kicked in comp like you do in quick play.

I’ve had to answer the phone and go afk at spawn and when I’ve finished my call I’m still in the game.

He did get kicked eventually but it took insanely long.

Hmmm it definitely isn’t like quick play anyway where after a short while you get booted out,…and rightly so.

1 Like

Wym rightly so? I’m supposed to deal with -1 teammates for like 6 minutes until he gets kicked so I can leave because competitive is a joke?

If the Coalition thought this was an issue they would had fixed it.

1 Like

The problem is that they don’t think it’s an issue.

1 Like

When I asked TC Shauny before he vanished, he said in the Discord that Coalition are not doing any updates or bug fixes now that operation 8 is done. “It needs discussion”.

1 Like

“This game hella buggy… abandon ship?”
Yes [ ]
Also Yes [ ]

1 Like

Man you just seem to be having a terrible day today huh?

3 Likes

Every day I decide to play gears is a terrible day :sob: :sob: :sob:

3 Likes

Have never heard truer words lol

3 Likes

Nah I’m on about social where you get kicked a hell of a lot faster, it should be the same for comp but it doesn’t seem to be.

Having come back to this after a long while off I did some of the shotty event yesterday or the day before I think. But a player was not playing or moving the whole time. The other team did not realize it at first and was spawning on that side right in from of this player. Our leader was dead. And finally after they finished off the other 2 they went looking and came back. Player died over and over again. Finally in the last round this player actually moved and the game went the full distance. Not sure why but the game never removed the player. They were likely riding out the match to get games played. But at one point it was like 17 deaths with nothing else because they figured out this player was just standing and not moving.

On quickplay you can just leave though

From experience the game will only kick you if you sit long enough without doing anything or if you are untouched for about 10 minutes. See if you are holding still a timer starts Everytime your character moves in any way. Be it through stagger or being down or killed. That timer is reset. (Pretty sure the timer is the same for every game mode not entirely sure though)

I remember one time in horde I joined a match as an engineer 50 waves. I was there from the start and I passed out at like wave 13 for the next hour and twenty-seven minutes. I kept going down and dieing over and over again but I was never kicked cause the game saw it as me still being “active” cause my character was apparently still “moving”. I woke up on wave 48 and everybody there kept askin me if I was alright. I was standing to the left of the spawn on asylum. I apparently died 13 times during that match according to the randoms I was with.

1 Like