How is character assignment determined in multi-player?

Why doesnt rank or even character level dictate who plays as whom. If I am a level 7 or 8 of a specific character, doesnt it make sense, at least in Horde, to have the highest leveled character selected for the best outcome for the group. If I wanna play as Jack, who I have leveled up to 9 so far, it makes absolutely no sense to get re-assigned to another character just for someone to play as Jack on level 1. Character level should dictate who plays as whom. Or rank.

1 Like

Your suggestion makes sense but I think it goes by a “First come, first serve” basis. Meaning whoever chose that character first gets to play them. I could be wrong, but I’m pretty sure that’s how it works. It would make sense for the person with the highest level duplicate character to be the one who gets to use that character. Also an improvement for horde should be character level minimums depending on what difficulty you’re playing. For instance if you play on insane, your character should be at least level 7. Something to that effect.

Your character changes if you’re below the other person in the lobby, not level wise i mean literally below them. Whoever is at the top in the lobby wont get their character swapped, ofcourse TC could put you in a lobby with nobody else playing the character you’re searching for, but that would be too simple wouldn’t it

1 Like

Thanks both of you. So, basically, whomever gets slotted first by the computer? Coalition needs to change that. A qol for sure. The highest leveled character should get the roll. That is what is in the best interest of the group. Or slot you in a diff group. But, by frustrating the higher leveled player…that person now has a higher probability of tapping out than the under leveled player.

It kinda makes sense but at the same time it would be unfair to the people who have less free time or didn’t get the exp boost for X amount of days for pre ordering the ultimate edition or whatever gave that as a bonus.

Im not saying people shouldnt get to plat as their character. To me, it makes the most sense to just put people in diff matches as the first option. Additionally, to me, its in the best interest of the co-op group to select the characters with the highest level. That way, if you cant play all the time, or dont have an xp booster, you wind up having the most success which then translates to you getting more xp. Its really silly to get surplanted by a level 1 player when your a 9.