How does the guardian leader pick work? Does anyone know?

I always assumed that first time was random and then it would choose one of the top players from the last round as leader. Counting leader kills and kills differently adding up to some score of what chance you had at being leader.

Just played Guardian and we were doing VERY well, One guy DC’d for one round and we still won that round. Trouble is 2 rounds some squeaker was chosen leader and he almost immediately inted and then babyraged down the mic. I can’t believe skill based matchmaking is literally ■■■■ talkiing me saying “lmao you seem about the same level as this inting 9 year old”.

Back to my main point has there been any formula released? Do note the kid had like a 0.2 kd ratio and low damage (afaik) and still ended up leader twice. He also ended up rage quitting near the end.

Beginning of the game its random. If you kill the leader you will be leader next round. If you’re the leader and you kill the enemy leader. The top player that isnt the leader will be leader the next round.

5 Likes

Oh fr so I guess he must have “luckily” killed the leader 3 times and that’s how we lost the next round haha. I never knew that thanks.

To add to this, if nobody kills the leader, the top player on your team becomes leader next(unless they were leader the round before, then second “place”)

4 Likes

Long Live Guardian!!

3 Likes

@RedHulk1973 decides who’s leader :wink:

Long Live Guardian!!!

1 Like

:rofl: Believe me I wish it were true. Definitely feel the op on this one where some peeps just need to learn how to spot and stay out of the fire fight.

Long Live Guardian!!

1 Like

One can hope in 6 :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Also want them to up the number to allow us to mark more than 3. And bring back the 3 rds to win.
But I digress.

Long Live Guardian!

Sometimes the game is buggy with marking the leader, that also needs to be fixed :pensive:

Long Live Guardian!!!

1 Like

I find switching to the pistol helps. Using the lancer or gnasher wants to reload instead of using the special and for some reason the distance on marking seems to be the best with the pistol.

Long Live Guardian!!

1 Like

Thanks for the tip! I’ll definitely have to try that :sunglasses:

Long Live Guardian!!

1 Like

Long Live Guardian!

4 Likes

I haven’t played competitive yet this OP. Guardian is first to 2 wins now? Why?

Here you go!

1. Bots can never be the leader, unless the team is entirely composed of bots
2. First round will have random leaders
3. Consecutively picking the same leader is forbidden (but one can be a leader every other round)
4. Whoever kills the enemy leader will be the leader next round
5. Failing 3 because of rule 2 or any other reason, choose the highest scoring non-leader player as the new leader
7 Likes

Not sure why, I guess they did it to try and speed the games up? Ultimately because of how it’s stacks versus random‘s are all random’s I feel that it takes around to get used to your teammates. With the shortened amount of time, I feel it hurts random’s.

Long Live Guardian!!

2 Likes

Actually, I’ve seen someone be leader each round for 2+ matches. Rule #1 about bots overrules Rule #3 . Was a 1v3 plus bots for a couple matches.

Also, when one team is only bots, a bot can become leader. Such as Coop vs AI.

You’re absolutely right about the randoms needing a round to get used to each other.

I’m super sad to hear this. The number of down 0-2, come back to win 3-2, experiences will be forever gone :frowning:

1 Like

Almost gone, but I have had a few 3-2 comebacks :wink:

Long Live Guardian!!