How did players achieve over 1,000 runs completed in regular horde?

I’m specifically talking about the top 10 players in the world with most runs completed in regular horde or frenzy horde. Please :pray:, I’m not knocking off anyone achieving 1,000 runs completed in horde/frenzy. Just a legit question, how did players achieve over 1,000 runs in regular horde/frenzy?

I’ll play on master - tough maps typically speaking, I’ll be lucky to get 2 runs completed let alone crazy amount of runs. Like I said earlier, I’m not knocking them off. Just curious to know. Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:.

Simple : Overload. A game of overload takes like 70 minutes.

6 Likes

On beginner? :joy:

I mean, would it still count as runs completed - on beginner difficulty?

I dont think so. If you look at the top players for “Horde Runs Completed” and look at the top players for “Overload Mastered Runs” it’s the same players.

Beginner games still count as runs completed, yes.

1 Like

Oh :hushed:… I see.

1 Like

The Meta for overload these days is an engineer. Some combination of atleast 2 demos and tact or 2 tacts and a demo and then Striker with a scorcher to cheat and melt bosses instantly. I know this for a fact because I’ve seen clips of them doing this lol

3 Likes

I saw that the other day

1 Like

Nothing wrong with doing the whole setup. Some people find it fun, some don’t. Nothing wrong with that. I dont personally cheat myself because that’s not my style but I’m not gonna get all mad and upset if someone else is doing it. It doesn’t affect me at all.

3 Likes

Hey brother,

If players like it, then who cares. It doesn’t bother me not one bit. Sometimes, I like to play cqc only lobby, again, some people will join or some players will laugh at my post and wouldn’t join.

Exactly what you said. If players like to cheat good for them lol.

1 Like

I’ve had multiple people join my “Blademaster only” or “Striker Only” lobbies just to say that we will fail and can’t win the game. Lol

Right. Some people get really bent out of shape if you don’t play the way they do. Very weird.

4 Likes

That’s weird… I thought Marksman and probably double Veteran is still better (or just two Veterans and some boss-melters on Overload specifically).

3 Likes

But Demo make big explosions. I do agree with you though, marksman and veteran combo would be better for sure. I was just listing off what ive seen recently from clips ive watched. Its been a hot minute since I’ve played a game on overload.

@OP
People used to do Speedruns on Overload ( master) when Veteran was still Marcus. Skipping waves…

You could do almost hundred runs if you play the whole day. I know a few people who did that.

1 Like

No way. That is lot of runs right there.

That’s why it’s called grinding lol

1 Like

Also don’t forget- this game is over 2 yrs old. If you play daily for 2 years - a thousand runs doesn’t look so unrealistic.

2 Likes

You mean two years?

But I do agree with what you said.

2 Likes

Yes lol ( thank you autocorrect)

1 Like

Oh okay :smiley:. Here I was thinking. How on earth did someone got over 1,000 runs in under 2 hours lol?

1 Like

I just looked at the Overload leaderboards. Figures that the guy who hard bans Blademaster and Anchor from his lobbies is in the top 30 runs completed.

1 Like