How about removing snatcher scene when entering Escape?

Or at least make it possible to disable it in options or something.
No load is put on the system or the internet-connection during the scene.
I can only conclude that it is 100% unnecessary

Edit:
Used for testing:
PC (Ryzen 9 3900x - 3060 TI - PCIe 4.0 SSD)
Xbox Series S
Xbox One S
Xbox One S AD

2 Likes

is this not masking a loading screen?

2 Likes

Nope … only the screen which is shown after the scene is used to sync connection with squad-members and load assets.

Removing it would work for me.

1 Like

If they gave an option to skip it and have all three members agree (like left for dead voting mechanic) That would be lovely <3

2 Likes

Hmmm you on PC or Xbox ?
I wonder if it masks loading for the XBone, alot of that masking is unneccesary for PC/New Xbox.
(Hello unskippable intros, argh)

2 Likes

Even if it was masked loading, i think I would much rather see a longer loading screen than that scene everytime.

2 Likes

It does not. The loading-screen after the snatcher-scene is about 8-10 seconds longer on the Xbox One (S/AD) than on the Xbox Series S and the PC .

1 Like

You can avoid seeing it by sitting in the weapon customization page while the wave loads

I don’t remember the last time I watched the Snatcher cutscene.

Quick resume on a series x is great

No longer have to sit through that ice fracture intro

2 Likes

When i enter the weapon customization page after starting the countdown i’m returned to the lobby.
Either way - it should be a optional feature. Not a thing that should be ‘glitched’ to be avoided.

Hey someone worked hard on animating so we must watch it

1 Like

I don’t actually mind it. With the Series X, the loading is so short anyway. It’s only lengthened if you are paired up with people with, I say the least offensive way possible, inferior hardware.

Don’t get me wrong, I sometimes missed those little breaks in the Safe Room before the next section loaded. Time to check my phone, have a drink. Now, when solo or with similar consoles/good PCs, it’s seconds.

You barely stop moving and the woman’s voice is all:
”WARNING! WARNING! CONTAMINATION DETECTED!! GET THE F&%K OUT!’”.

Jesus, woman! Calm it!

1 Like

You can also look at the Tour of Duty while the cutscene plays.