Horde.. which one was our favorite after playing four of them?

Throughout the gears of war games we’ve had four horse modes(gears 2,3,4,5) but which one did we spend the most time playing and enjoy the most?Me personally I loved gears 2 because of that one map,Day One, just camping on top of the stairs above the arcade room with a boomshield blocking everyone(but I think I spent the most amount of time on gears 3 simply because of the mutators like big head and super reload along with me trying to take over the whole map with fortifications).

1 Like

Gears 2 was my favourite.

3 Likes

Gears 2 horde was honestly the best, the mutators would be cool to go along with it.

1 Like

Gears 2 was the best of horde. Gears 3 is second as it add just enough to make it new/refreshing while building on the original horde mode (loved those mutators), and then it all went to hell from there.

2 Likes

All the maps in gears 2 would be so good for horde in gears 5 especially Day One

1 Like

That’s it right there

#BringBackDayOne

3 Likes

It’s like in gears 4 they were flexing so hard on the fact that they had moveable fortifications but then I thought “Well I didn’t need that feature to keep me from playing for hours on both games.” And then they said,”Hey! Look at all of the cool classes that we have that the other two didn’t!” And then I’m like “Well I sure ■■■■ did not need any of that one to keep me entertained for YEARS!” And even now I still go back and play the old modes and I just love it.

Played all gears games and all horde games and the horde in Gears 5 is by far the best for me. So much so that I’ve spent way too much time playing it and way too much money as I’m enjoying it so much.

1 Like

Damn, props to that…

I probably wouldn’t last a month on Gears 5 horde without ignoring the fabricator and cards.

Gears 3’s Horde mode. Added just enough to keep it fresh without anything overwhelming.

3 Likes

Favourite Horse, you say ? Myrrah out of RDR2, at least that is what I named her :grin::+1:…don’t worry my auto correct does the same thing.

Now assuming you mean Horde!

2.0 without any doubt. The King of co-op/Horde

Survival, let’s call it Horde J

I’m hoping come 2022 ish to replace 2.0 with 5.0…unlikely, but one has hope.

4 Likes

Gears 3 is my favorite Horde

1 Like

Gears 2 horde :heart:

5 Likes

Gears 2 horde👍

3 Likes

Definitely Gears 3. The mutators weren’t limited to making the game harder, there were also fun ones like flower blood, big head, comet, and infinite ammo. Plus the bosses were more intimidating than annoying. Last, you didn’t need specific roles, you could just have fun by yourself or with another buddy. You didn’t have to conform to certain playstyles.

3 Likes

Gears 3. Gears 2 comes close.

You had the potential with mutators to have so much fun on Gears 3 Horde, with a lot of great and unique maps.

4 Likes

Half of horde enjoyment comes from awesome map design.When I have crappy map design that doesn’t keep me immersed I lose all of my taste for everything.

Gears 3 by far imo

1 Like

Gears 3: enemy variety, boss waves, mutators, fortifications. :kissing_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

For me, it’s the order they came out; GoW2, GoW3, GoW4, & G5.

Something about that minimalist Boomshield strategy on Insane that makes the old heart pump.

2 Likes