Horde Mode Difficulties (and difficulties on general)

I haven’t seen any myself, but is there any update if they’re doing something concerning the difficulties and multipliers ?

My issue being that the ‘Survivor’ multiplier is the first one when trying to search for a Horde match. Having something akin to Iron Man as the first multiplier is pretty ridiculous in my opinion and it makes trying to have a Horde session with randoms without mics very tense - in a bad way

The problem is, I’d make a custom lobby but I really don’t feel like waiting 10 to 20 minutes to find enough people who’ll stay in the lobby long enough for a full team before we start. Trying to join an existing lobby is just as bad, as the lobbies don’t seem to update no matter how much I refresh, just constantly getting the same message on different lobbies with 3/5 or 4/5 players is mind numbing;

Failed to Join Lobby:
Session is full

Failed to Join Lobby:
Session no longer exists

Failed to Join Lobby:
Session no longer exists

Failed to Join Lobby:
Session is full

Failed to Join Lobby:
Session is full

…Can’t stand it… I’ve managed to join one session successfully once on the second day after launch that had 2/5 players. Took 10 minutes to fill the lobby then 3 people left on round 2 and the session disconnected on round 5…

Back to my actual point, I think the Multiplier positions should be evaluated or just let us choose them manually when searching, just like a custom game. Gears 3 had it right in the fact that you can choose the difficulty and then pick multipliers on top of that. It gives you much more freedom to play as you choose and gives you some breathing room

The fact that they’re tied to difficulty doesn’t make sense. Take Escape for example, I choose the venom to go 2x as fast but that also raises the enemy difficulty, why? Picking the ‘Lethal’ multiplier obviously also raises the overall difficulty another step, that means that not only do I purposefully raise the damage of the enemy, but the difficulty increase raises it EVEN MORE. On the higher difficulties, depending on the other multipliers active, just that one multiplier can change your character from being able to take a reasonable amount of damage to everything being one shot just like that

I won’t even get started on the health multiplier, the enemies are already unjustifiable bullet sponges already.

I just really disagree with difficulty being directly tied with negative multipliers (positive multipliers don’t even exist anymore), added with the fact that in searching for a game, you HAVE to Go with a specifically lined up row of them to get to the difficulty you want, you can’t even freely choose

1 Like

Hey! Great post. I agree for the most part. The majority of quality of life issues make HORDE matchmaking frustrating. (That’s without LFG)

Custom matches with the idea of unlocking each modifier with completion is about the grind. By design I’d imagine. Once you get progressing on any particular maps it gets easier.

Vasgar is my go to, up-to Insane for public matches. Now I just turn off the wipe mechanic, it’s been a lot easier to find teams or have people join my lobby.

A little LFG, add the good players. It won’t take long to build a buddy list of active(competent) Horders. Mic or no mic.

Anyway I hope the dev’s see this post.

Good luck :+1:t2:

Add me Dingse3 - I main Del/Kat - JD