Horde Grenades For Classes

For horde I think each class should start with a set of grenades. All classes except the soldier should start with smoke grenades. The soldier because of his class would start with the current Frag Grenades. If I’m correct I believe the ribbon to kill someone with a smoke grenade says do it in either horde or versus but as of now you can do this ribbon only in versus. TC please consider adding this change as I think it would enhance horde a bit more.

2 Likes

How does starting with smoke grenades enhance anything?

3 Likes

In vs the bots ignore the smoke grenades (if there is any effect it very negligible). They do the same in horde on Harbor Haze which, at times, is like one big smoke grenade.

1 Like

100% agree on starting with the smoke. If i could get smokes in horde it would really enhance my wave 0 pacifist soldier setup.

1 Like

Yeah it would be really awesome if teammates could throw smoke grenades at their team

No need to be sarcastic, simply explain why it would not work.

1 Like

:rofl: I am just being practical…I know it would probably be a thing where at the start of a match people would just throw their smoke grenades at each other

1 Like

I think starting everyone with grenades, and giving the soldier a new card to compensate for losing the individuality of grenade start will get myself and others like me playing a greater variety. I only play soldier because they start with Lancer (i.e. good for juvies), Gnasher and nades. It would be interesting to learn how to play other classes as a gamer without sight to see if there are other areas of the game that might or might not work, previously undiscovered due to class limitation.

If you have a problem with players throwing smoke grenades at each other then may be you need a new team. I’ve seen players toss shock grenades at each other. Smoke grenades used probably are pretty effective it’s just players don’t like them because they don’t kill any thing instantly.

NPC’s aim and vision is not affected by smoke, it wouldn’t do the player or their team ANY favours if you ask me.

2 Likes

I’d like an Engineer grenade which prevents people from buying turrets at the fabricator when I have the 1/2 price card plus the 12% discount card. That’d be great. Tag a player with it and it prevents them from buying anything.

1 Like

I’d like frags for everyone.

Smoke Grenades are worse than useless against the AI. Players spawning with them would add nothing to the game.