Horde District Arcade Room... Baird Private Match

Hey guys,

So to grind for tour of duty medals I want to smash some waves, as Baird in the arcade room.

My question is, is it possible to get in to the arcade room with Bairds low ammo weapons?

Thanks in advance,

Darthgreenthum

Shoot with the overkill. Takes most of your ammo, but it opens.

1 Like

Repair tool or knife works too

3 Likes

I’m not sure I understand the original question. Is this an easter egg or something?

1 Like

Although contrary to the video, you don’t need two players to do it. You can do it solo by shooting both sides. Baird would need the ammo boxes though. Not sure if there’s enough time before the first wave starts too.

2 Likes

Each side of the sign takes 10,000 damage precisely to break.

It’s best to active reload before shooting it.

You may be better off swapping between the embar and overkill with actives on to achieve max ammo efficiency.

You will have more than enough ammo, and it won’t take longer than a single minute. I have done it as baird this way.

2 Likes

Don’t know but it does not take a lot of shots on each side of the poster to get the room open. I’ve only done it with Lizzie and it is real easy with her to open it.

1 Like

Excuse me for asking but there’s a lot of custom games these days referring to the arcade room and I can’t quite get it. Why the urge to use the arcade room all of a sudden?

1 Like

Because it was a new thing that was discovered, and as such it has come into fashion and people want to try it.

2 Likes

Because it was a new thing that was discovered, and as such it has come into fashion and people want to try it.

I would call this incorrect.

It’s literally the best spot in the game to play horde. It’s a one way in slaughterfest with a safe room behind you that most bigger enemies can’t get into like half the bosses. Also, if you half block the door with the fabricator to the left door, anything bigger than a drone must use the front door alone.

4 Likes

I did not know that. Now that I do I expect this map will take the place of Forge.

1 Like

Yeah, I joined a custom match that played out like that. It’s probably the best spot in some sense but I must say it was not the most fun match I played.

1 Like

You can do it before touching the fabricator. He’s got all the time in the world.

1 Like

Haven’t put it to the test, but in Gears 4 you had five minutes or the game would auto start.

1 Like

Neat.

I actively avoided running horde on District.

Seems like it would be a fun, easy run to do once or twice!

1 Like

do it on harbor but easier you’ll see all flyers miles away and you can put barriers ahead enough nothing will reach you with his bleeding barriers u must have a locker full of trishots for those flyers though

1 Like

Really? I had no idea. I guess I never waited that long.

Well, five minutes should still be enough time for single person to do 20k damage.

2 Likes

There’s a time limit in GOW5 Horde too. I haven’t counted how long, but there definitely is one.

2 Likes

Slipping Flames is right. You have 5 minutes to pickup & drop the fab, then the game will auto-start. In private or public match, it’s the same. 5 minutes

2 Likes

I joined a game in this room the other day, not sure when, but we were wiped because the Engineer did a bad job at placing the Sentries. A Scion with a Shield entered the room, and because we could not get to the Shield thing he got inside and murdered the hell out of us all.
Is it wise to build here, i got to admit though, it looks a great place to set up. You need to take in to account all possible outcomes, such as Shields protecting the Scions, or anyone really.
I did not know it existed in all honesty, and thanks to this posting, i do now, and pleasantly surprised.
Lol, i even sat there after the game planning in my head where, when and how to place Barriers, Sentries and Weapons Lockers.
Nice one, OP, for bringing this to everyone’s attention.

1 Like