Honest opinions about the campaign

What’s your honest opinion about the campaign
I personally hated it and bored me to death

2 Likes

I enjoyed it. IMO it is better than Gears 4.My only gripe with it was there should’ve been gun fights while on the Skiff.

1 Like

Compared to G4 it is awesome.

Compared to good single player games is just average joe for me. Not good nor bad.

I had my share of fun with it, won’t be playing it again though.

2 Likes

I finished it last week.

It was good, better than 4 and I liked the more open sections. And it went completly downhill with Act IV, The fights are rushed, the big choice is meaningless, the ending is abrupt. This and the multiple Online issues at launch can only mean the game really needed more months of development.

2 Likes

I really enjoyed it. It had some issues and I do wish we had one extra act for JD in the middle but overall I had blast.

It was really good. I loved the Jack integration.

Compared to 4 it was good. But looking at it alone, it’s average at best.

The visuals were great in general, and so was the gameplay. Some of the battles were also really well done (really liked the fight where the Stump is first introduced).

However, the story was meh, the open world acts were long, tedious, boring and “lifeless” (the visuals in those acts were meh as well), Kait is a terrible main character imo, for reasons I’ve mentioned in these forums a trillion times and that choice you’re given in the end was a terrible decision by TC imo.

2 Likes

I found it to be overall pretty good and fairly enjoyable. The only issue I have with it is how Lizzie was handled, besides her introduction, from her death, which was just unnecessary and threw away a character with at least some potential to be good, at least in a supporting role, to how she was just completely thrown aside afterwards, not showing how her death had any impact on the characters, namely Clayton and JD.

It was half a campaign. Started so intriguing and simmering with potential, then drifted into a tiring series of fetch quests and ended hollow.

I was sooooo excited upon discovering who “the patient” was and some of the historical elements. I was thinking, “people are idiots, this is AMAZING!!”
But, it didn’t last. It’s like they accidentally stumbled into great story telling, and then went back to ho hum.

1 Like

It was pretty…

Sh*t

1 Like

Guess Im in the minority, but I thought it was great. The only thing I didnt like was the choice

2 Likes

Agreed.

1 Like

It’s the best campaign since gears of war 3 in my opinion. Some might argue having a better campaign than judgement and 4 isn’t hard but I thought 5s campaign was good.

Unfortunately I buy gears for the pvp…

I thought the campaign was good. I had issues with it though, the bugs were terrible, achievements are still not unlocked for me, collectables were an issue, save point problems etc, I found the skiff levels very boring, there needed to be more to do. Overall pretty good but the afore mentioned ruined it imo.

Campaign was great. Only major criticism is I’d have liked an additional act between 2 and 3, that explored what was going on with JD and Fahz, that led to their reappearance in Act 3 with JD being remorseful and Fahz no longer being a completely toxic human being. Their reinsertion into the story felt abrupt and unexplained.

I had no problem with the choice at the end, though I’d have liked a fail-state where you could choose to throw the knife at her instead, and she effortlessly blocked it - making it clear that you really had no option but to try and save one of them. I’ll never understand the reflexive dislike some people have, for being given this choice.

Visuals were great. Writing was much sharper than Gears 4 and made all characters more likable. Locations were varied and interesting - it was especially neat to explore UIR territory. The complete lack of any loading screens was also a big thumbs up.

1 Like

The open world sections were a complete bore, the rest of the game was fun.

2 Likes

The “choice” rang hollow for me because it was pretty obvious what the canon death would be narrative-wise, ending was a bit too short, and the open world sections didn’t do much for me since they felt shallow and caused more bugs than needed.

Other than that I loved it, story was cool, characters were written better, lots of enemy variety and the ice added some fun strategy.

I like campaign…

The Skiff was a good idea.
During one act. No more.
It’s become boring with the other act, it’s to say the desert act. In fact, i think we need more original vehicles. Skiff was one. Ok. But after ?

Moreover, to repeat the same trajects (go and back) again and again in maps wasn’t cool but boring with time… It’s a bad sensation : as a work, not as a attraction game. It seems as long moments loosed to join two point on the map, without pleasure.

I have the same boring effect in Tomb Raider games for exemple. I dislike it. Really.

Different vehicles would be a solution : because change gameplay and break the boring effects.
As in others old Gears of War games…

To me it’s my only real problem in Gears 5 history mode. The only point of trouble.
Because all others things was cool : history, design, gameplay was great !

Worse gears campaign ever, kaits story was wasted, crap free roam just to make it seem longer and a crappy choice thst doesn’t fit the gears universe. Games trying to be something it isnt

1 Like

Worst writing in the entire series so far. The entire Kait storyline essentially amounted to nothing making pretty much the entirety of act 2 pointless. Then the Hammer of Dawn, which 75% of the game is based around, is sitting right back where it started at the beginning of the game. The entire campaign pretty much accomplishes nothing, it feels like a filler episode of a TV show in the worst way possible.