Gears Forums

Here's an idea for versus

versus

(NightGuy09) #1

we need a counter for how many players are on, so if i pick dodgeball and see 0 players are playing the mode I don’t waste 30 minutes waiting to get in a game.

(III EnVii III) #2

Don’t know why this wasn’t included because it’s so helpful, also need to know how many players you have actually found during matchmaking.

Like is it 9 people waiting on 1 or am I sat here solo for the past 10 minutes!

(NightGuy09) #3

i know right, i played cod:ghost right when it die off but they have player counter on all of there modes

its something that is needed really badly at this point

(AIR IK BREATHES) #4

Winning a dodgeball match would also be better based on the team with the most players left. It’s always a stalemate if time is up when one has more or less on it.

(Potato Boy 025) #5

I sincerely hope that the reason behind NOT showing the population of a playlist isn’t the reason I believe it is…Considering Gears of War 3 had this I’m baffled as to why it didn’t roll over to the next
game being such a beneficial feature for verses…

(Belkain) #6

I’m pretty sure it is what you think, just look at Microsoft: after several requests for actual sale numbers all they have said is “gears 4 has sold way better than 3” and TC in dev streams frequently say the player base of 4 is much better than 3.

Either one or both are lying or they’re delusional, matchmaking and wait times says so.

(Goodacre) #7

we asked for it since launch.

all you will get is the “we’re at a higher population than Gears3 was at this point” they always say.

(GrubKiller101) #8

So then here is what I’m thinking. If TC knows the figures for 3 vs 4…why have they never stated the numbers? I’m sure it has been asked. Let’s face it 10,001 is “more than” 10,000.

Plus I could jump on GOW3 tonight and get a match within a few mins vs GOW4 where I’ve bailed after a 20+min wait for KOTH.

(NightGuy09) #9

Its not just dodgeball there’s time i have to wait for a TDM as well especially if i’m going solo.

(Admire Vanity) #10

Yes or an overall population counter would be welcome too. If modes are so dead they could add a happy hour time for certain modes for x2 xp or something to get more players in that mode

(NightGuy09) #11

The only two modes i play are TDM and dodgeball, i’m not big on obj type modes. I wish wingman was a thing in this gears that’s the game type that got me in to gears in the first place. I don’t have a big team to roll with. but here’s to hope it makes it to gears 5.

(JITheThunder) #12

Everyone will think that noone is playing and noone will join, 0 remain 0.

(BEAST MONTREAL) #13

When you are sitting waiting or matches i would like to believe that it is because of other reasons like zoning or connectivity issues… Imagining that there is basicslly no one playing is crazy to me… around the world there are millions of people playing this game, just a thought lol

(GB6 Kazuya) #14

Exactly. It was in Gears 3, so how it never made it is insane.

(KRUSH1NAT0R5OOO) #15

I think the reason they don’t show the counter is because when people see how low the population is they will quit the game. The counter killed judgement . Really judgement killed judgement. What I don’t like is this social playlist. I just wanna play tdm or king. Not arms race in every other social game.

(GRANT C0RE) #16

Good idea. I think we also should earn xp while we wait and waste time. I’ve spend 1hr+ finding matches. The timer ticks over at that point and the numbers glitch and don’t show properly

(SoloStarling623) #17

It would be cool for the game to ultimately give us a match based on the number of players searching for a match. So, if only 4 players are searching, give us an option for 2v2 any mode; if 6, 3v3, etc., up to 5v5. That would wreak hell on the ranking system though.

(SoloStarling623) #18

Earn xp while we’re waiting for a match? Yeah, that’s just stupid.

(ANDROIDguy) #19

It was in gears 3 i remember. Strange they dont include in gears 4…
dont wanna report low player base :stuck_out_tongue:

(NightGuy09) #20

“It would be cool for the game to ultimately give us a match based on the number of players searching for a match. So, if only 4 players are searching, give us an option for 2v2 any mode; if 6, 3v3, etc., up to 5v5. That would wreak hell on the ranking system though.”

Yes i would love this, I could really care less about ranking it’s all about who can find the cheapest way to rank up