Help-My Guides -Hu1k Daddy Master thread

Hey all,

So ive been asked to put all my guides together in one place, however have no idea how to do this.

If anyone out there knows how to do this on here. Please let me know.

Thanks.

P.S. Or if you could just do it, that’s also cool

8 Likes

Hello everyone,

This is my Seventh character breakdown for Horde. If you haven’t checked out my other guides, please feel free to do so. Just type in Hu1k in the search and my guides should pop up.

-Jack-The Master of the Forge. He is one of the main 4 in Horde. Without him, beating Master Horde is about impossible. His healing and smelting of weapons are a must have for any Master run. However, his skill cards are a bit limited in what works and what you don’t really need. So, this can somewhat make playing as Jack a very tedious and monotonous task.

So, lets get this started and take a look of how to use him.

*** This was put together after maxing out Jack and playing with him on Elite to Master Difficulty***

General Playstyle and Early Levels

Jack is a Support Class Character. His passive will allow a cool-down to your Ultimate by Marking enemies before they are killed. His Personal Skill upgrades (By pressing Y after the wave’s end) are a good supplement to help you do your healing and smelting while Bolting those Swarm in the face!

Top- Health Level Increase
Down- Repair Cost Decrease
Left- Health Regin increase
Right- Movement Speed Increase

The best one to use from the get go is Movement Speed. As a Jack you are like a kid on a sugar rush, you just don’t stop moving. You are like the kid that was chosen to play in every sport-but at the same time. So, having your movement level increase quickly will help you out. Now, this is where it can get tricky. If not playing on Master, you can go with Health then Health regin. However, if on Master just go with repair cost reduction as the Health Perks are so limited it makes no difference.

Now, playing as Jack is a whole lot of fun. His Ultimate in the game is my overall favorite of all current characters. Just being able to play as certain Swarm characters (No Bosses, or Mini Bosses) is so enjoyable.

Now Lets take a look at some early card selections/skills you can apply:

Healing Reach, Zapper Upgrade, Optimizer, Portable Resupply

This is what you would be looking at around Rank 5. The main one to have here is Optimizer. This Card will be a mainstay through out your run. So making sure to have it leveled quickly is a must. Healing reach can also be another mainstay, as Jack’s healing is so powerful it can go through walls-Like WHAT!? So with this, you can safely stay out of harms way and keep you team on their feet. Zapper Upgrade is one you can just toss out the window. It’s a fun card to use early on, but it’s useless when playing on harder difficulties.

Now this leaves portable resupply. This is another mainstay and can help you do some fun things while regining weapon ammo.

Mid Level Playstyle

“Good One” as your buddy Del would say. You made it to the mid levels. Bet you had some fun in getting here.

At this point you probably have seen how important it is to have the Optimizer Card leveled quickly. This is truly a great card for Jack and makes you feel kinda cool having a build item just for Jack. With it also only being a Common Card will help in getting it leveled up.

Now here is where the sad part kinda comes in with Jack. By mid level play you are already locked in with 3 card slots out of 5. The next mainstay you get at rank six. So this will leave only one option left to truly play around with. Jack is fun all around, but the card selection for him is, I feel very disappointing.

But with that and my personal grumblings out of the way. Lets take a look at Jack’s Card selection around rank 9-10.

Healing Reach, Optimizer, Portable Resupply, Healing Upgrade, Repair Speed

This 5 card set can be a final set by this point as it puts you fully in the Support Role for Jack. Healing Upgrade, will be your forth mainstay card as its very important to have your healing ability heal faster for when you are doing those Master runs. Now Repair Speed can also be your final fifth card, but its optional. Being able to repair things faster is a big help for Del, Kat and hopefully Baird. But its up to how you want to play.

High Level Playstyle

“You magnificent beast” You did it. You got some true grit and grim in your barrings and have seen how to play as Jack. Good news, now you can change up how you play as Jack (well depending on the Difficulty being played) to have a little more fun with him.

Now, we are going to do something different here and go over 2 separate High Level play-styles with Jack at level 16.

When doing a run on Master, I would honestly just recommend staying with your Mid level build as you will need all these cards to help you in that run. Or if the map is rather unforgiving you could just Swap out Portable Resupply with Explosive Jack.

Ok so that covers the Master Build. Now lets have some fun. The below is what I call the fun build and its my personal set I use when not doing a Master run.

Optimizer, Healing Upgrade, Mind Control Expert, Explosive Hack, Backstab

This set just makes playing as Jack really fun with the Ultimate. Mind Control Expert will just help your little minion stay alive. Now in normal situations you get full Stim when Hijacking someone and this Card would not be needed. However, with Backstab on, you want to keep them alive for as long as possible to keep getting those kills and extending the Hijack time. Explosive Hack is just a good card all around. Some people even use this in their master builds as grabbing a scion real quick and blowing them up is always fun.

Ok, that about covers the Cards/Skills. Now lets talk about some Breakdowns and Additional Help .

Playing as Jack can cause you to have some weird glitches that are still not fixed. So be mindful of these. If you start a game and you see that you can buy everything in the Fabricator, then you can only quite that game to fix it. Otherwise you wont be able to buy anything in the Fabricator.

Getting your Speed up quickly on your Personal Perks is a must. With as much as you are moving around in smelting weapons and getting your people up. It will help you greatly.

Make sure there is a Del or Engineer playing. If you are going into a match and see no Del in the game, don;t join that game. Well unless you have the fun build going. As you will not be having a good time and will be like, yo where is my Forge.

Portable Resupply will keep you invisible while carrying weapons. So when doing the mid level rank, this card will keep you smelting throughout the whole wave.

Power-Taps. If there is a Tap that is near you and not captured. Stay away from it. As this will make your invisibility go away and become an easy target. So if there is a Tap near your base, I would just try and Capture it to remove this from potentially happening.

Ice-Scions. If Jack had a nemesis, this is it. These suckers can kill Jack faster than Marcus can Chainsaw a Grub. So if you see one coming, fall back in an attempt to flank them with your ULT or just let your allies take them out.

You can Mark-Spam with Jack like crazy. If you have the fun Build set on I would just go around quickly firing your Zapper at enimes until your Mark comes on. As with your passive, this will reduce your cool-down of your ULT if you get the kill or not.

Ask your team to save the last guy. If possible, try and get the last Swarm as one with a crawl animation so you have more time for Smelting. I do this with the fun build since I wouldn’t be smelting during the waves.

OK, that about sums up everything. I hope this can help you out and of course these sets are designed for players playing in random Custom matches. If you find a better set, let it be known below.

If any questions, post them here. Good Luck Gears!

As a special note, this was made by overwhelming request. So thank you all for your continued support

8 Likes

Hello everyone,

This is my fourth character breakdown for Horde. If you haven’t checked out my other guides, please feel free to do so. Just type in Hu1k in the search and the guides will pop up.

Fahz, well what can I say. If you have played the campaign and remember the scene early in the game between him and JD, well that’s what playing with him can feel like. Now don’t get me wrong, as a character I love him, but he is definitely the most skill intensive Hero to use. And he could be my new favorite. :slight_smile:

All this was put together after maxing out Fahz and playing with him on Elite to Master Difficulty. Now lets get sniping.

Fahz, is about one thing only- Talking Smack…JK. I mean Critical’s. He is all about Critical s. His Critical’s have Critical’s and so on. His Ultimate is my personal favorite in the game. There is just something so fun about sniping through walls. Nothing like seeing another player playing as Fahz and it looks like he’s lost his mind just over there shooting the walls like a mad man…ahhh so fun.

Fahz, starts out pretty moderate in power and is a capable sniper right from the start. I would definitely recommend not playing anything that has the Enemy Health Boost Poison on. Better to find a Custom match that has anything besides this selection as it will make Fahz completely useless while on early EXP levels.

Now, lets take a look at some early card selections/skills you can apply:

*Ambush, Counter Snipe, Exploit Weakness, Score Boost

This is what you would be looking at around Rank 5. Any one of these would be ok. Ambush is going to be a mainstay until higher levels. Also, you may have noticed Steady Hand not listed. Well this is the worst card in the game as there is actually a setting in the game that will automatically turn this off. So why add this? I truly have no idea.

Mid Level Playstyle

Alright! You made it this far. That’s awesome, as I can tell you-it can be ruff trying to level Fahz up. But hey congrats to you!

Once you get this stage as Fahz it can start to get pretty dang fun. The cards that become available are very useful and help you out a lot. So, during this time frame its good to start learning how to use an Embar and a Torque Bow. As with the card selection you can use will benefit this a lot.

You may have also noticed two additional things. Fahz is about Critical’s, Marcus is about Head shots hmmm. Well you can team up with Marcus to do some fun things as Fahz. We will hit on those a little later.

Ok, so lets take a look at a good mix of cards while at level 9:

*Ambush, Master Marksman, Exploit Weakness, Modified Longshot, Embar Ammo Capacity

This is a good general mix of skills that will both boost you with and without your ULT active. This selection is a good choice for those as well who prefer the Embar, as you know-it takes forever to reload them. So having a faster reload option is a good thing as well as more ammo.

From here, there are a couple different choice options that you can choose for your High Level Playstyle. But to make it easier, I will go over my personal favorite selection.

High Level Playstyle

Yea buddy! The time has come. You got to the fun part of Fahz. I had so much fun playing as him when fully leveled, that I actually like to play with him almost all the time now.

Lets go straight into the card selection, as I feel many are going to be like um WTF?

*Exploit Weakness, Patience, Critical Parade, Long Shot Handling, Explosive Critical Hit (Really means Kill)

Ok, I am assuming that your first though here is why? You have no Damage cards on. Why no Modified Embar or Modified Longshot? Well remember previously when advising to stay away from Matches with the Enemy Health Boost Poison on? Well this is why. You can play on Inconceivable with this setup and have no issues. I would recommend trying to level up Exploit Weakness before the other cards as its buffs are nuts.

So as you can see, this is a pure ULT boosting build. Its a expensive build and it definitely takes some time to get used to. All the cards are either Rare or Epic but when you put them together what you get is truly scary.

Now, some breakdowns and additional help.

When trying this High Level Build its important to remember that you are trying to avoid taking damage at all. I know it sounds crazy, but its easy enough. The Card Patience activates after 2 minutes with not taking damage. This includes the end turn rounds of 30 sec’s, so its more like 1 minute and 30 sec’s. This ability also keeps going as long as you don’t take damage, so you can ULT, and once it runs out it will continue to come back with whatever boost is there, i.e. 120 %.

Another thing worth noting is that when using Exploit Weakness the game will show your weapons as increased damage, 30%, 40%. But this is actually not the case. I’m assuming its a Bug/Glitch in the same as upon testing it your weapons do the same damage output with it on compared to without it. However, the bonuses to X-Ray are so worth it.

Critical Parade and Longshot Handling are really nice together if you have good Aim. The Longshot Handling has the potential to go to 100% chance of no reloading upon critical kills. Team this up with Parade and you have a long ULT running.

Explosive Criticals are not really needed for this build, but seeing someones head just blow up is too freaken cool.

So, as mentioned before. When playing with Marcus, this build benefits this team up quite alot. Grab a Tri-shot and pop your ULT with Marcus ULT. This creates alot of damage, and explosions.

Ok, last bit of info. Best Maps for Fahz would Foundation, Training Grounds and Dam. Forge could also work, but you get hit a lot on that map for whatever reason.

Legendary fun. So Fahz’z legendary card is pretty crap. Well unless you play on Icebound. You can have alot of fun in those ICY waters :slight_smile:

Ok, that about sums up everything. I hope this can help you out and of course these sets are designed for players playing in random Custom matches. If you find a better set, let it be known below.

4 Likes

Hello all,

Here is my first Character breakdown for Horde. And if you haven’t checked out my Beginners General Horde Guide by Hu1k Daddy. Please check it out.

JD is personally my current favorite character in the game. This may raise some eyebrows as from the outset, many people do not like him. Well here is a guide that can help you figure out what he is about and how to use him.

General Playstyle and Early Levels:

JD is about two things. Explosives and Bleeding. But When you first start out with him, he feels kinda week. Why? Because his best skills are not yet available. But even so he Feels really weak , more so than the other Hero Gears. You have this cool new Lancer GL but only spawn with one Grenade in it? WTF. Well that sucks. Good news is, once you get past this frustrating point in trying to level him up-its totally worth it.

Stick with the GL. It becomes extremely powerful. However early on in the leveling process you wont actually be using your Grenade Launcher very much but rather just the regular shooting.

During this time you will burn through ammo faster than any one due to the GL’s rate of fire. Now you may think ok well ill get the ammo regin personal upgrade to help. Yea, no. Stay away from this personal upgrade perk as its completely useless and it doesn’t even refill Grenades or any heavy ammo.

So the better option, is to focus on two Perks. Cooldown for Ult and Assault Damage. This will allow you to do better damage with all Assault Weapons. For a list on those, check the Gears5 Weapon guide.

The best early skills in my opinion are as follows:

*Officers Prerogative, Lancer GL mastery, Concussive Strike, Score Boost

This will be what your looking at for about Rank 5. You can choose any of these 3 and be ok. But if you want to level quickly then the Score boost can help, as it does give you more Exp as well at the end of the run.

Mid Level Playstyle

Congrats, you made it. Here is where the starts to begin.

Once you reach rank level 9 you unlock Custom Boomshot. This Card allows you to do more Damage with a Boomshot and will also destroy a Bastions Over-shield on a Perfect Reload. You dead sucka!

Another good Card to Swap in is Custom Lancer GL which unlocks at level 7. As more Damage is always better right?

For a Good Card set at 9 would be like this:

*Officer’s Prerogative, Lancer GL Mastery, Concussive Strike, Custom Lancer GL, Custom Boomshot

This Provides a good mix of Strengths to JD and helps deal with Bosses so much Easier. Matriarch shows up. Get an Air Strike on him, watch him get stunned then GL him with 3 straight Grenades. Boom and dead.

High Level Playstyle

This is it! You made it. This is where JD can one shot Bosses on Elite Diff with no Issues. Be proud that you made it this far, as it gets really fun now.

Ok, so earlier I said JD was about two Things, Explosives and Bleeding. Well we kinda talked about Explosives with the Boomshot but nothing about Bleeding. Well that is about to change.

This is for players up to rank 12 and beyond. As this set really has no weakness to it and you can do Massive amounts of Damage. Im talking like 600,000 points of damage.

Here is the set at rank 12:

*Officers Prerogative, Custom Lancer GL, Custom Boomshot, Launcher Capacity, Razor Hail

Now if you have been saving up Scrap this whole time, Launcher Capacity is JD’s best Card hands down. Its a Rare, so try and level this as soon as you can. Why you ask? Well becuase it does more than the Card says it does. It also increases the amount of Hand Grenades per level and also the amount of GL Launcher ammo.

This is great as now you can do more overall Damage. But it works even better with Razor Hail as this causes bleeding on any target hit by your explosives. Yes even the Robots. This combo is crazy and does massive amount of Damage. You can Air Strike bosses and watch their Health Drop Faster than ever with the Bleed effect on.

So to sum this up. JD is a High Damage Dealer and specializes in killing Bosses and Mini Bosses. Be watchful for Rejects and Leech’s as they rush you and prevent you from doing explosives all day. Try and get a Chainsaw Lancer early on to Swap between so you dont get overrun, if there is a Marcus playing and they are willing to swap with you.

You can run a 3 man squad on Elite with this set. Just need a Del and a Jack.

Now once you become fully leveled, obviously go with the legendary at 16, as this combines well with Spotter Support. I don’t run this much in pubs as many other players don’t mark enemies a lot, but hey at this point Im sure you know what your doing.

If any questions, post them here. Good luck Gears!

23 Likes

Hello all,

This is my second character breakdown for Horde. If you haven’t checked out my other guides, please feel free to do so.

Del, is quite frankly the foundation due to all the late rounds and ease of play runs through him. Now there are strong characters in the game for sure, but Del is a needed character for a full run. Now, all this is put together after maxing out Del and playing with him on Elite to Master Difficulty. So, without further adieu, lets get this started.

Del is about support. If you are not a support type of player then playing as Del maybe difficult for you. Now, for the first tip that I see a lot people do wrong-building sentry’s. Ok, so when you are in the first ten waves of a match, for the love of God, don’t build a sentry before building anything else. So many Del players do this and is beyond frustrating and dumb.

When you start up a Horde game or are joining one as Del, check your players. If you have a Jack with you and the game is still early or just started, save up for the Forge. Now, of harder difficulty’s you may want to get some barrier’s up (no more than level two) before the forge just so you all don’t die. However, in most cases getting that forge going is your top to do priority. Once you get that forge to level 4, then focus on two things. Barrier’s and Ammo Lockers. You simply cannot be a selfish player when playing as Del, as the whole team is relying on you to help them out, just as they are helping you with power.

With that in mind, lets look at some great early skills you can apply.

*Ingenuity, Reinforced Fabrication, Rootkit, Score Boost

This will be what your looking at for about Rank 5. You can choose any of these 3 and be ok. But if you want to level quickly then the Score boost can help, as it does give you more Exp as well at the end of the run.

Mid Level Playstyle

Alright, so you got some matches under you and kind of got a feel for how Del works. Good on ya!

Now you may have seen the occasional other players who buy things and build them when they can clearly see you are playing as Del. It kind of leaves you with that, WTF are you doing mentality. Well just remember, that’s how other players can feel towards a Del who build’s a sentry on wave 3. So lets just chill and work together with everyone playing their characters role’s.

Once you get to around level 9, the cards you unlock really start to get better and will help you more on the harder difficulty’s.

A good mix of cards on level 9 would look like this:

*Ingenuity, Reinforced Fabrication, Overclocked Locker, Flow, Armor Plating

This set will allow you to consistently keep your structures strong while also helping your team with the Ammo lockers regining ammo faster. With Flow on, you can keep repairing while taking damage as it will reduce all damage while doing so. You can actually even run this set on harder difficulties with good successes, but there are better cards still in store for you.

High Level Playstyle

All right, you did it. You have played with Del for awhile now and you have made many other players game more enjoyable and fun. Also, you probably have gotten a ton of new friend requests in the process by doing such a great job. You should celebrate as it gets even more fun from here.

Now in my opinion, Del’s best cards are achieved at rank 11 , as the other cards gained from this point are more or less not needed. Long range resistance, yea you still go down in one shot on the harder difficulties. Overload, yea that’s about impossible on really hard diff. with a very small benefit.

So for my personal preference card set would be this at rank 11-12.

*Ingenuity, Reinforced Fabrication, Overclocked Locker, Efficient Fabrication, and Custom Robotics

Now since you are a seasoned vet of a Del player the last Card selection you maybe wondering, why? Well I have found that since you are playing support and not building sentry’s all over the damn map. You kinda need to help kill stuff, right? I mean your team is doing there best, shouldn’t you try and help as well?

The Custom Robotics Card is pretty cool. This adds a bonus to not only the Enforcer and Overkill, but also the RL and the Tri-Shot. You have Marcus Posted up with his ULT on and you with this TRI Shot. Yea Wardens die almost instantly with this.

I have also come across a weird thing that when using this card with a Tri-Shot, Del’s ULT regins hella fast. I had two ULT’s pop in the same wave round. Now this maybe something else causing this but it didn’t happen before using this card.

Now, for some closing thoughts and additional help.

When on a Boss wave and a Matriarch spawns, grab all your Fortifications and replant them to show RED. They will be undamaged while they are in this state and wont have to be repaired when you place them back in a BLUE state.

If a Jack is playing and its at the End of the round. Help him if you can by grabbing the Forge and Carry it around with him as he Smelts Weapons. It’s faster and easier, but sometimes this is not an option if you have a lot of repairing to do.

If you have a good team, try and get a weapons locker for each player. Level 3 should be fine for any player, while a level 4 will be needed for a JD player. (Check my JD guide to see why)

On higher levels get Sentry’s of course. The Shock sentries are great in long range situations and against Snipers, Bastions, Juvies and especially Leeches.

Ok that about sums up everything. I hope this can help you out and of course these sets are designed for players playing in random pub matches. If you find a better set, let it be known below.

21 Likes

Hello everyone,

This is my Sixth character breakdown for Horde. If you haven’t checked out my other guides, please feel free to do so. Just type in Hu1k in the search and my guides should pop up.

-Cog Gear- The new blood is all about support. He is a fun character to play as and many will find him a “Jack of all Trades” type of character but not really a Master of any. His ability cards really allow him to have multiple different roles he could potentially play.

All right, lets kick some Juvies in the face and take a look at how he plays.

*** This was put together after maxing out The COG Gear and playing with him on Elite to Master Difficulty***

The Cog Gear is a Support Class Character. His passive will allow a cool-down to your Ultimate by Marking enemies before they are slain. I find his Personal Skill Upgrades while in game (By pressing Y after the wave’s end) are the best set for any Hero thus far.

Top- Health Level Increase
Down- Rifle Damage Increase
Left- Ultimate Cool-down Timer
Right- Damage you take makes you ULT cool-down faster

All four of these are good. In the past guides we have gone over, some Hero’s have some great personal skill upgrades that a great for them, while others are completely useless (Ammo Regin). But for the CG all his feel like a perfect selection for what his true role is-Support.

When you first start playing as the CG he will feel like a fun class to be. As said before, he is a great Jack of trades type class to be and doesn’t suffer from any early on weakness-like a JD for example.

Now Lets take a look at some early card selections/skills you can apply:

Healing Bounty, Razor’s Edge, Perfect Condition, Suppresive Recharge

This is what you would be looking at around Rank 5. Any one of these would be ok. Healing Bounty is a really good early game card and can make you feel kinda like invincible since who ever kills the targets you mark are completely healed, Including yourself. Razor’s Edge and Perfect Condition are a good one/two punch to help keep you on your feet. Suppresive Recharge is a lot of fun as well, but you can skip this card until later if you like.

Mid Level Playstyle

All right, I can see that Grizzle on ya. Marcus would be proud!

By now you probably starting to get a pretty good feel for how the CG works. And like I was, may even have that-“Man I need more than 5 card Spots” since so many of the CG Cards/Skills are actually really good and easy to get Duplicates of early since most are Common/ Rare at this point.

With that, takes take a good look at what Cards/Skills you can setup with at Level 9:

Healing Bounty, Razor’s Edge, Perfect Condition, Custom Lancer, Dodge

This 5 card set will turn your Gear into a true Tank of a character. But unlike Marcus who I feel resembles more as an Offensive Tank, your role will be more of Support Tank. With this setup, it will give you some fire power with Custom Lancer and even more Damage Resistance against those pesky snipers-Sigh If only Anthony had Dodge equipped.

High Level Playstyle

“COG Through and Through!” You did it. It took some time, but you made it to High Level’s. Congrats, they may even let you take your Helmet off.

So, up to now we have really only gone over the Support Tank setup to this point. However, the Cards/Skills that become available from here are pretty good. This is where you can see the potential different options on builds that you can play around with and see what suits you best. I feel this is the best thing about the CG, as he doesn’t really have a “I must use this Card or we won’t win” (Like Kait -JD Bleed Cards) feeling to him.

So after, trying multiple different options with the CG, I came up with the below set for myself. This is what we would be looking at when level 16.

Perfect Condition, Get Up, Suppresive Recharge, Team Repair, Overdoing it

This set is a lot of fun. Its more of an ULT focused build, but it will allow you to be the true support class that you are. With Suppresive Recharge you can really keep your ULT recharged with those Grenade kills. Team Repair, is great in that it will Heal all Fortifications on the Map for the current Card Level Percentage. Get Up and Overdoing it are a perfect fit together and will allow you to stay on your feat long enough after use to get out of any overrun location.

Ok, that about covers the Cards/Skills. Now lets talk about some Breakdowns and Additional Help .

Many looking at this may wonder why I did not choose Custom Lancer. Well as it does give you a Damage Boost to all 3 Lancer’s (Unlike Marcus’s Card) I feel that going Pop shots with Boomshots, or using the Claw just suits him better.

Now, lets go over Suppresive Recharge. You want to be using Shocks for this and not reg grenades. The reason being is due to the reg grenades explosive range is messed up right now and you can kill yourself pretty easy while trying to stick someone. Additionally, Shocks can now be replenished by Pilfer ammo pick ups, while the other grenade types cannot.

Next thing to keep in mind is you don’t want to plant any grenades as they won’t due enough damage to kill anyone. Instead, you will have two options. If an Emago or Juvie a Direct plant on them will get the job done but if an Elite Drone or something like this, you will have another method. Shoot them until they go to their DBNT animation. Run up them and press X to pick up them as a meat shield. As soon as you do- press UP on the D-pad to stick a grenade on their head while killing them in the process.
This is considered as an Execution, so it is a guaranteed grenade kill to help replenish your ULT timer. Now, here is the best part. If you do this on the 2nd grenade, causing you to go out of grenades. They remain in your inventory instead of completely being removed and making you buy more.

OK, that about sums up everything. I hope this can help you out and of course these sets are designed for players playing in random Custom matches. If you find a better set, let it be known below.

10 Likes

Hello everyone,

This is my fifth character breakdown for Horde. If you haven’t checked out my other guides, please feel free to do so. Just type in Hu1k in the search and my guides should pop up.

Marcus, the man killed the Queen. What can you say about him. The GOAT of all Gears, the Grizzled speaking man among boys. He is really fun to play with and I find it quite fitting they gave him an Ultimate that is literally an Aim-Bot. I find him very generous to play with and a good pick for newer players due to his all around play-style.

Now then. Let’s get this going.

*** This was put together after maxing out Marcus and playing with him on Elite to Master Difficulty***

Marcus is a Tank. He takes a beating and keeps on ticking. His passive helps replenish his Ultimate for each bullet you take or grenade you take- to the Face! His personal skill upgrades while in game (By pressing Y after the wave’s end) are not bad. However, personally I would stay away from the ammo regin upgrade as its not worth it. The other 3 selections are fair game and good to get at least level one on each early on in the game.

As Marcus, you are like the point man for your team. Able to bring the pain, as well as help your teammates with your Ultimate. Its good to actually be near a JD or a Fahz when playing. I like to be near JD while the Ultimate is not available and then go to Fahz when it is. Teaming up with another so they can take part in the Ultimate’s “Headshot” ability is really fun and helpful.

Lets go over some early card selections/skills you can apply:

Dug In, Brutal Efficiency, Extended Rifle Mag, Score Boost

This is what you would be looking at around Rank 5. Any one of these would be ok. Dug In really helps early on as it works great with the Ultimate as well as Extended Rifle Mag. If you want to get early leveling, then score boost should help you out.

Mid Level Playstyle

“God Damn’t Son on a ■■■■■” You made it this far. Nice. You probably are starting to get a good feel for Marcus now and also his hilarious voice lines.

Once you get to the Mid level playstyle with Marcus you can actually run a lot of these Cards/Skills on higher difficulties with great success as Marcus Card unlocks are quite easily the best in their setup to unlock ratio-compared to other Hero’s.

With that, takes take a good look at what Cards/Skills you can use at Level 9:

Dug In, Extended Rifle Mag, Last Ditch, Custom Lancer, Brutal Efficiency

This 5 card selection is a good all around set. It makes Marcus pretty set for any situation on any Map. With Last Ditch, combined with Dug In-it can keep you in that damage zone longer to keep your damage increase up while below 80% health. Custom Lancer is pretty good as well as it makes all the damage from the MK3 lancer (Chainsaw) do more damage. Then also adding in Brutal Efficiency will help get your Ultimate back even faster so you can dish out more punishment. “Got that Drone!”

High Level Playstyle

Alright, you did it. You made it to high level’s. Marcus would be proud. Probably give you a punch in the face while gargling nails saying “Come on, I haven’t got all day”

The High Level paystyle for Marcus will be pretty much be your permanent selection of skills and Cards as Marcus’s Legendary is actually really good…For Once!

So now that you have a good feel for Marcus and have probably checked over many times for what cards are going to be unlocked, lets dive in.

Band of Brothers, Defensive Stim, Custom Lancer, Rifle Feedback, Extended Rifle Mag

With this set, your pretty set across the Board. Band of Brothers generates Stim while your Ultimate is active and having Defensive Stim with it, just increases your overall ability to stay up and get those Headshots.

Rifle Feedback is a great card. It adds time to your Ultimate for each rifle hit you deal. This can be any assault rifle but the Claw I find really gives you the most Bang for your buck in getting the Use-Time up.

Ok, that about covers the Cards/Skills. Now lets talk about some breakdowns and additional Help.

When using your Ultimate its a good Idea to make sure, if possible of course to be in cover before activation. As, teammates cannot use this with you if you are not in cover.

Tri-shots with Marcus are amazing almost insta kills. But, to get the most out of it its a good thing to actually Pop your Ultimate, then Use the Claw as much as you can to get your Ultimate time up. Then switch to the Tri-shot while keeping an Eye on the Ult meter. Once the meter begins to lower, go back to the Claw to get the time back up. Rinse and Repeat. You can have your Ultimate active for a while wave using this tactic.

Its important to note that using Defensive Stim before unlocking Band of Brothers, will get you nothing. As the only way to generate Stim is with Band of Brothers, so don’t use this card until your Ultimate is unlocked.

Your Legendary Card really helps in getting your Ultimate back faster due to your Passive as a Tank class character. So its a good Idea to put a good amount of effort into your personal perk that reigns your Ultimate faster per the Damage you take. As even with the Stim on you, the Damage still counts towards the passive.

Its, important to note that since the release of the COG gear, Marcus now only receives a Damage buff to the MK3 lancer with the Custom Lancer Card equipped. He no longer receives this Damage buff from the Retro or the GL. However, I would still try and get a GL from a JD at some point as this can also quickly get your Ultimate Use-Time to stay up due to the GL’s fire rate.

Ok, that about sums up everything. I hope this can help you out and of course these sets are designed for players playing in random Custom matches. If you find a better set, let it be known below.

11 Likes

Hello all,

This is my third character breakdown for Horde. If you haven’t checked out my other guides, please feel free to do so. Just type in Hu1k in the search and the guides will pop up.

Kait, was by far the hardest character yet to do a guide for. She had a few ways to play her and trying to find the best combination was difficult. Kait also feels very hit or miss depending on what difficulty you are playing and your other teammates. I personally did not have much fun playing with her and died way more as her than any previous character I personally have played with. Now all this was put together after maxing out Kait and playing with her on Elite to Master Difficulty. Now lets get this rolling.

Kait is about Stim, and Shotguns. Her passive ability is not truly one that benefits the team as more power is nice but this is more situational than anything else. Now if TC changed this to 25% more power picked up by Kait in general, then this passive would rock.

So, I can say that I had the most fun playing with her on easier difficulties while trying to level her. When you are in that Mid range like 9-11 it becomes very tedious due to the Card system layout. However, I do feel she has the potential to be a true powerhouse once fully leveled on certain cards. In this respect, I feel she resembles JD in the leveling process-week at first but could become truly powerful.

Ok with that, lets look at some early cards/skills that you can apply:

*Reaper, Laceration, Long Reach, Score Boost

Mid Level Playstyle

Nice, you made it this far, and you have probably started to get a good feel for Kait. RIGHT ON!

Unfortunately as I stated earlier, this is where playing as Kait can get stressful or boring. When, trying to start playing those more difficult matches for “potentially” better cards/skills, Kait will go down a lot if you try to play her as per her design. So, this is completely not the normal for me, but I actually had to not play to her design and use more Tri-Shots and RL’s than ever before.

Now, let me explain this. Kait’s design is to be a close range shotgunner and executioner. While this can become potentially great, its just not there during that mid range leveling process. Her weapons are not strong enough to take on certain enemies and the Swarm Elite with the Claw is your worst nightmare. So, I would recommend, hanging back with Tri-Shots and RL’s during this time to make your game more enjoyable.

Another option, would be to play a close range map like Exhibit and hold down a Corner or Walkway to make use of her close range abilities. I defiantly had more fun on a map like this, as it plays to your strengths.

Now then lets look at a good mix of cards around level 9:

*Laceration, Cloak Batteries, Reaper, Enhanced Stim, Long Reach

This set will play to both of Kait’s strengths. It will give that stim for those executions, and also give you that Bleed for your shotgun. Cloak Batteries is nice as it gives you that little more active time to use your ULT before the long wait begins on the recharge. Long Reach can be nice as you can camp those corner’s and hold a spot down, while also getting the power as it drops and not having to move. This set is about the best I personally found helpful at this level but, thankfully Kait starts to POWER UP from here.

High Level Playstyle

You have done it! You grinded your way through many deaths and potential stress to make it this far. You should take a bow, as you will be rewarded from here.

This is where playing as Kait truly started to become fun again. The cards skills you unlock during this time makes her way more powerful offensively and can become one, with the shotgun.

Now my personal card preference set would be this at rank 13

*Cloak Batteries, Laceration, Blood Resonance, Custom Gnasher, Overkill Ammo Capacity

With this set, it turns Kait one dimensional with manly only using shotguns (Now there is another set that I think could be her true final set that we will touch base on later.) to great effect. The gem of this group is Blood Resonance, as like many other cards it does more than it says. It actually increases your base damage with the shotguns in general, they do not have to be Bleeding. So already at level one, your doing 50% more damage with your shotgun. Boom baby! The Custom Gnasher and Overkill Ammo Capacity give you a good one two combo. The Overkill will become your main for all grunts while the Gnasher is for those Scions and Bosses-Mini or otherwise. Since the Overkill has more range it makes since to use it in this set, and is a must if you have a Kestrel Boss spawn in as the Gansher just can’t reach it.

Now, some closing thoughts and additional help.

When playing early on, its good to keep the starting weapons you are given. The Retro is good at keeping you moving and getting executions. You can even do the trick with the Retro bump charge to knock them back, while following up with the B, B, Hold B hit to stun them and then B again for executions. This is a good mixture for getting quick executions with your spawned build.

Kait’s Legendary card is the worst in the game. If it changes someday, where you can shoot a gun and remain cloaked, then it could become really good,(Due to the Shotgun Bleed). But until then stay away from this unless you are in with a group who is building off of that, Ex. Emile, JD bleed.

Kait’s Ult is more for support than executions. If you are on a Boss wave its good to try and hang back on occasion and stay undamaged. This way if your team start to get taken out, you can Ult and go revive them or grab their tags.

Mace is fun. A good weapon to grab during those mid level runs is the Mace from the Warden. As this weapon can be fully used while invisible and will not break concealment. You get no bonuses with the weapon, like an Emile, but hey-its hella fun.

If you are getting rushed by an Ice Scion and your ULT is available, you can get frozen and break it by activating your ULT. Talk about instant unfreeze.:slight_smile:

Lastly, I believe when Kait’s Cards get more powered up, she could switch to a set like the below:

*Reaper, Laceration, Blood Resonance, Stim Batteries, Enhaned Stim

This set feels like what she is supposed to be running when they where designing her. However, until the Stim Batteries card is leveled to atleast level 3, the Stim bonus does not feel Strong enough to benefit you early on.

Ok that about sums up everything. I hope this can help you out and of course these sets are designed for players playing in random pub matches. If you find a better set, let it be known below.

16 Likes

FIddle dee dee

1 Like

I’m just commenting to save this for later. Thanks for all the work!

1 Like

Haha,

Anytime man :slight_smile:

/clap

Thanks man :smile:

Thank you for the in-depth guides! Currently trying to rank up my Fahz but man, I feel so useless using him on insane or above. Here’s hoping your guide will make that easier

Also, would you ever consider doing a guide on how to setup your base? I’ve got a pretty solid grasp on engineering, but my base setup isn’t always properly done, I’ve looked for guides but all I can find are people setting up a base for master of wave 50.

Thanks!

Emile? I really want to play as him but I don’t see how… he is a melee guy… and hiw do you use the dropshield in horde?

Any ideas?

I think some people mentioned the breaker mace… does one “recharge” in a locker?

Thanks…

Hey Omen,

Emile is pretty bad in Horde. As since he is all about close range damage, doing anything above insane difficulty would be very frustrating for you.

If he ever gets buffed with some type of overall damage resistance then he could be viable.

But for now, unless you enjoy playing on lower difficulty, I would try another character.

Your thoughts?

Emile is more geared for escape where ammo is scarce and melee is more needed. Unlike Lahni he doesn’t need to be in venom for melee to cause bleed. Get a mace and he destroys things.

Hi,

Here’s the thing: I was very much into Horde up to and including GoW4 (we used to do incon runs with just decoys and lockers, etc), but I’ve switched mostly to versus about 1-1.5 years ago… These days I do Horde about 3h/week, on Wed evening, with university buddies (a 10 year old tradition), and those guys are not Master level players… plus there is only 4 of us and they won’t want to have any strangers in the game, since this is about the social thing with friends)…

So, bottom line: we play on Advance level, haha… I’ve been playing as Jack, but that’s getting boring, i want to do more than carry weapons to the forge all game and revive downed players… We already have someone playing as JD, Del, and Kait, so I thought I’d try Emile with his melee and maybe the mace (since I have him mostly maxed out, from playing Escape)… i also looked at the Cog gear, and I’m currently working on Lizzy’s totem, so there are a few options… :wink:

But I like the idea of Emile with the Mace to clean up anyone who gets close… As long as I can recharge the mace in a locker, do you know?

Thanks

Hi @Hu1k_Daddy

Emile its useless in every way… making a guide of him Its pointless.

however when you did the Jd’s Guide it really helped me a lot !! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey Omen,

Emile could work on advanced depending on poison’s are selected. However the Mace is good with him it’s the hardest weapon to get in the game.

You can 1-50 runs and no Warden spawns at all. So if you are going to do this. Start on wave 15 and just keep restarting until you get the Warden to Spawn in. Then you can test it out. Try have JD playing with his pilfer boxes drop ammo card on. As the Mace will fully recharge off a pilfer drop.

Happy hunting :+1: