Help? Gears keeps yeeting itself

Hey everyone. Not sure whats up but for the past week gears 5 keeps disconnecting from my internet. Only gears 5. Any other game works fine as long as i want. I can play gears for like 30 mins if im lucky. Any idea on a fix? My internets normally good.

More details needed, what platform, during matches are there error codes/symbols that come up, does the device your on lose connection or just in the game, how often, does it fix itself or do you need to restart the game/reboot the device, did anything change is the last week that could have caused this issue (ISP changes, gears update, etc.)?

1 Like

Im on pc. Sometimes little connection issues pup while im playing. No error codes nothing. It just boots me off my internet for abit. No other game

Have you tried a uninstall/reinstall of gears 5?
Either way you should send in a ticket, also going to tag @TC_Kilo1062 and @TC_Sera

Come play outriders with me instead

Could potentially be port-related. I assume Microsoft Store not Steam?

Not sure whether you have whitelisted the corresponding ports on your router?

Basically sometimes I disconnect too (pretty rare) which only happens if Steam is down for a brief moment. The game is then also unable to reconnect to the servers until I reboot the game.

I have no idea if there is any relation anywhere but the ports are the first thing that came to my mind.