Have you ever met people you made friends with in Gears in real life?

Have you?
If not, would you want to?

4 Likes

Honestly, I’d rather not. Better to leave a bit of mystery to them.

But just to elaborate on my view - I’m one of those people who kinda compartmentalises their life in a very boundaried way. So I don’t really like my social circles crossing over - my work colleagues are my work colleagues; the friends I know from university are their own group; my friends who I go to gigs with are their own group; and so on. So people who I play online games with will remain as such.

6 Likes

@Cedar_On_Mid I know where you live… I will find you… and I will kill you in a split screen 1v1 gnashers only game.
@GhostofDelta2 still waiting on my free one way plane ticket to you baby
@Aloha_its_Kyle I would come see you as you are the closest to me, but standing next to you is like one of those photos that have normal people standing next to celebrities. I have to be the sexiest one in the room and cant do that with you around unfortunately:(
@GMBR1990 never forget about big brother and another piece of our east coast family!
@IVAN_SPARGO ain’t heard from ya in a while but hope you are doing well man! Miss ya
@Forza_Cali the quiet beast, and the only one I can always guarantee will be catching a game still! Legend material!

Love yall all, and know I’ll probably run into you one day!

Gears is still fun I guess!

I send to many selfies+ for there to be any mystery left, ghost can certify

4 Likes

If I ever live in the same state @RelaxingKoty lives, I want the name and number of the home improvement company he works for. I want to be certain that I’ll be in good hands when it comes to house repairs cus I really don’t feel like dealing with a 6th house flood.

2 Likes

Damn bro, you’ve been MIA for a while. Was about to send out an APB for you lol

2 Likes

Some people here have my personal number, so I am waiting to get flown out by one of them :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I havent but it would be cool to. My xbox friends live either on the complete opposite side of the country or the opposite side of the planet lol

2 Likes

I think it’s fair to say that everyone on the forums wants to meet @GhostofDelta2 AKA bollywood Thor.

But seriously, yeah I’d like to meet some people in person that I’ve gamed with online. I’ve never met anyone from gears that I didn’t already know irl. But a friend I met through Halo over a decade ago came to visit me from the UK back in early 2019 and it was a great experience.

2 Likes

I would love to meet a few people I met playing gears. In fact I’m planning to visit one of my closest and oldest gears friends sometime either this year or next.

Life is too short and I figured why not.

A couple of people have my phone number and can always call/video call me if they choose to.

2 Likes

I think I can easily visit Wicked. I’m taking my fam to Niagara Falls this summer and pretty sure it’s not too far from where she is :slight_smile:

Funny note - I just recently found out one of my friends live where I used to live before getting married lol
The world is small!

2 Likes

Reminds me.

I always get either roughly below 20 ping every time @Ultra_Gnasty is host so I could’ve easily ran into the man irl without even knowing it was him at one point in my life.

1 Like

Not on gears but I’ve met plenty of people that I’m very close with and have hung out with in real life.

Id say his voice is easily recognizable.

1 Like

Real talk Ultra should do ASMR streams. His voice gives me eargasms every time.

2 Likes

@Ultra_Gnasty you reading this?

2 Likes

There’s only one person on XB Live that I’ve known for long enough to even consider the thought, and he lives in the UK while I’m more in the middle of (western) Europe. So not too likely to happen.

That aside, I don’t really have a desire for this type of thing to occur. I’m totally fine just knowing these people over the internet, as long as I get along with them.

1 Like

I think I know who they are…

There is only one person I’ve known for more than one or two years on XBL. And it shouldn’t be too difficult to figure out with my interactions with the people around me(which isn’t many).

1 Like

@ me when he gets his ASMR channel going.

You’re just as sexy if not more :white_heart:

2 Likes