Hatton firewall error

My buddy and I just started our xbox game pass trial on PC, downloaded gears 4. We keep trying to start up online co-op campaign, and keep getting booted and get a firewall error. Anyone know how to fix??

THIS may help you.

1 Like

Excellent Guide :+1:

1 Like

Hamachi server :3 100% functional coop

Works fine for the that guide, many thanks. NAT type Open! :grin:

After 3 years of trying to get this piece of poop game to work on co op online, I have finally found the answer, here’s everything I did to fix it.

When I started, my ‘teredo show state’ settings were completely different from what I now have, I remember it starting off with things like ‘unspecified’ and ‘offline’.

-Made static IP for PC
-Forwarded Ports TCP/UDP 3074, UDP 88, UDP 500, UDP 3544 and UDP 4500
-Did everything GhostOfDelta said above in the ‘this’ link he provided (just click his link)
-Uninstalled my VPN
-Went to Device Manager, Network Adapters and uninstalled anything with ‘TAP’ in it or anything that looks like it was something to do with my VPN (NordVpn)
-In my anti virus settings (I use Norton) I went to Settings -Firewall-Program Control-Looked for Gears Of War 4 (It was called GearsGame and had some weird location like D:/WindowsApps/Microsoft.SpartaUWP-Highlighted it-pressed Modify-Pressed Modify again-Advanced-Selected the ‘On’ option for 'Apply Rule for NAT traversal traffic (e.g Teredo)-Press OK-Went back to Firewall Settings on Norton- Clicked Advanced Program Control and selected the ‘On’ option for ‘Apply Program Control for IPV6 NAT Traversal Traffic’

After doing all that, my ‘teredo show state’ looks like this

Type : client
Server Name : win1807.ipv6.microsoft.com.
Client Refresh Interval : 30 seconds
Client Port : 3074
State : qualified
Client Type : teredo host-specific relay
Network : unmanaged
NAT : cone
NAT Special Behaviour : UPNP: No, PortPreserving: Yes

And I am now able to finally play Gears of War 4 with my boyfriend online after 3 heccin’ years , Im pretty sure the root cause was that IPV6 Traffic stuff on the anti virus settings but it could of also been the VPN TAP thing upsetting the connection, but its weird because multiplayer worked even when I didnt do all of this, it was all literally just for the campaign, I hope this helps anyone else in the future!

I’ve tried almost everything, but I still can’t play coop with my brother
Teredo State:

Tipo : client
Nome do Servidor : win1901.ipv6.microsoft.com.
Intervalo de Atualização de Cliente : 20 segundos
Porta cliente : 3074
Estado : qualified
Tipo de Cliente : teredo client
Rede : unmanaged
NAT : cone
Comportamento Especial NAT : UPNP: Yes, PortPreserving: Yes

My w10 is cracked, is that the problem? thanks!