(Hate free) NEW MAP IDEAS

Open discussion on what kind of map ideas would be really cool and beautiful. Not about mechanics or layout…

Personally I’d love to see an outside map that’s pouring heavy rain.

Or perhaps like a really muddy level.

What are some map themes you guys would like to see?

4 Likes

A giant bouncy castle

7 Likes
  1. The icy woods from campaign with fog or ice shard storm.
    2 Cosmodrome level with the testing thing in central point of map like it was in campaign.
4 Likes

with Delivery Driver Mac as the Main Boss.

2 Likes

Yea and Juvies with bicycles :+1:

2 Likes

A foggy and rainy map which has reduced visibility. Maybe all weapons could have lasersights attached to them specifically for this map?

3 Likes

Let’s stay away from weather effects that drastically effect gameplay reclaimed wind flare is disgusting

1 Like

This.

I’d definitely like to see new maps that feel like you’re playing in an environment taken straight out of the campaign rather than maps just look like they’re from somewhere in the vicinity.

From a PVE perspective, I’d also like to see them incorporate similar death dealing aspects to those that were included in Exhibit & Asylum …weather effects would also be a welcome addition as I really liked those maps in Gears 4 (especially Reclaimed Windflare :wink:).

3 Likes

I’m pro weather effects either way guys but it would be nice to have some crazy weather that’s not deadly too. That’s why I used heavy rain as an example. Of course I’d kill to see some razor hail again.

4 Likes

How about a jungle like in Predator movie?

2 Likes

Like Azura with the jungle and the ruins? I’d like that

5 Likes

And with every female Gears character in a bikini.

2 Likes

Jungles is a good idea!

2 Likes

Baird in the red light district

2 Likes

With every female character in a bikini, as per @HappyButtSlappy’s post.

2 Likes

I can support that lol

I really loved it, but i thought more of the ice blocks that you can use as cover (of course it would kill you if it falls on you). But on cosmodrome the spinning around test capsule would be nice gameplay addition. Like trains on asylum.

2 Likes

THIS.
The forum needs more threads like this , they help better the game , they help TC find some unexpected ideas.
I like both the mud map AND the close quarter Castle idea.
Surprisingly , I like Bunker a lot despite all the hate fans give to it cause it gives me the feel of what a true Gears map should look like :
Scale of grey and greens abandoned military outpost.
The whole enviroment looks raw , rusty , overall old.
Also ladders an central catwalk are excellent for tactical gameplay.
I’d love to see more ‘war-ish’ Maps , with sand bags or turrets , evidences of previous fight around , sniper/gunner positions and vertical gameplay.
I’d love to see also green/forest maps , I can’t recall the name of that old Gears 1 map with opposite Hammer of Dawn and boomshot with Venom gasses on the sides .
I absolutly loved that.
Let us not forgive CQC Maps!
And old medieval Castle might be a good idea because according to the Gears Lore , Sera would still be full of that kind of stuff around.
A good multi-floored Castle with strict corridors , angles and stairs might ensure some High quality wallbounce.
And about the enviroment , I’d love to see my good ol’ Ephyra again. Perhaps drained Ephyra from Gears 5 Campaign could be a good idea.
Also would love Maps set into Vasgar , into the Jungle , every idea you might come up with is good –
Just give us more maps please.

2 Likes

One idea which seemed popular when this topic came up about a year ago, was a map set inside a rift worm - all reddish-pink and organic looking, with shifting walls and cover, and some areas affected by occasional poison gas. It may not appeal to competitve play as a constantly changing map will throw people off and be harder to predict, but for social play could be fun.

3 Likes