Has non active reload scorcher always been awful?

How is this considered a power weapon when it’s way worse then every other power weapon?

It literally fries people when the active is on, and from a distance too.

1 Like

Yeah but it’s probably the worst power weapon. Ranged and explosive weapons are better and it’s frequently left uncontended because you can fairly easily get zoned out with it. Also takes like 30 seconds or something to allow an active reload and it’s one of the few weapons I can think of where using it’s entire clip didn’t allow me to instantly active reload.

Comes down to matter of opinion. I definitely rather have it on my team than the others.

3 Likes

It’s a good defensive weapon especially after you wait the full half a minute for it to become a real gun but yeah a little sad.

I’ve been grinding seriously 3.0 on gears 3 for the past month and a half. It was completely overpowered back then it’s nerfed to pieces and back in gears 5.

1 Like

Seriously. Without active reload you might aswell be using a leafblower. In horde even with active reload iirc it still sucks.

Scorchers OP, idk why you’re calling it awful lol.

3 Likes

ah yes i prefer it in gears 5 cause it is a insta kill it was op in gears 3 but would down and there was that rare chance where they shotgun while going down very op in 5

1 Like

watchs as some guy on the enemy team gets 4 kills with the scorcher without active reload

1 Like

Active Scorcher is annoying, thats literally its job. It’s there to punish people who head down Gnasher or straight line. The dmg quickly adds up and causes people to panic but it must be in active otherwise the person rushing you has a lot more time to retaliate.

It’s no Boom, Tbow or Longshot but calling it awful is like calling the Markza awful. It’s a dangerous weapon in the right hands.

2 Likes

Title specified non active reload and I did mention later it’s an decent zoning tool when active as it leaves fire trails and it does massive damage on active. The question was about whether it’s always been pathetic when not actively reloaded, and to add to that why does it take so long before you can turn it into a real weapon (the active reload bar takes ages to fill up).

I’d argue a non-active boom is pathetic also as someone can eat a shot even though it hits right next to them.

1 Like

But the active reload for boom fills up very quickly. Something around 3 or 5 seconds right?

Because it has a smaller magazine, so it makes sense right?

1 Like

I won’t go as far as to say its the same weapon non-active but the concept is pretty similar. Land your flame and it should still melt people. Non-active scorcher really only seems good if the person you’re spraying missing the gib.

Non active Boom is hot trash. I’ve picked up the boom, shot it point blank at someones feet who tried to fight me for it and I am the only one to die. I wish I had clips of this bs man.

Yeah the boom is going to be non-active less often but they aren’t used for the same reasons.

1 Like

It’s not pathetic non active, like at all lol.

Obviously it’s much better when it has active but dont underestimate its power. You wanna talk about a weak weapon? Let’s talk about the hammerburst.

From a gameplay standpoint it makes the weapon worse because it’s a leafblower for the first 30 seconds or so. If the non active damage wasn’t as awful it wouldn’t be so bad. Also seems that, despite being a flamethrower, non active doesn’t seem to do damage over time,

Edit: Power weapons should have power. If the scorch has just been picked up chances are you can run in and one shot them before they can get you down. Unless the non active scorcher catches you off guard or if you whiff your shot I feel like it’s unlikely you die and if you do die it’s probably because of positioning.

You need the active on it to really beef up the damage. Otherwise someone can run through it and chunk you. If you have the active you can use it as a close range offensive weapon. It kills people REALLY fast with active on. If I don’t have the active I use it as a support weapon in CQC to help my teammates get easier kills or clean up damaged opponents. The downside is has a long cool down on the active. I’ve BBQ’d lots of fools with it.

2 Likes

Also on a tangent the accuracy of the boltok is so bad it’s unbelievable, I swear it used to be more accurate in older games, either that or my memory is messing up.

1 Like