Halo Infinite’s multiplayer has me worried about Gears 6

From a gameplay standpoint, Infinite is very good. The store and progression is terrible at the moment, but I expect it to improve.

That’s wishful thinking.

At the end of the day, MS provide the funding for TC, they could easily say tomorrow that they could stop funding to them.

I doubt anyone at 343 would want that progression system or pricing in their game. Especially people like Joe Staten. Same with the store at launch for Gears 5, I doubt anyone at TC would have wanted to launch with that.

But what can they do? At the end of the day MS hold all the cards, and its easy for us to say to do X when the people at these studios have their jobs and livelihoods on the line.

That being said, let it not be forgotten that 343 have released a MP fairly stably (for today’s standards) and is enjoyable.

1 Like

You remember Battlefront 2?

Damn, did Rod start working for 343?

it was requested for a long time before 5. Even during the Epic era

bots can get any coating for any armor

Greed

My first impressions of Halo: Infinite - absolutely dogshite.

3 Likes

The gameplay isn’t bad, but holy hell, is THIS what TC was helping 343 with?! Predatory Microtransactions? This makes launch Gears 5 look like a dollar store. Talk about nickel and diming. This is the Renegade Reyna/Outsider Reyna, or Helmetless Warden, Locust Sniper (and I don’t wanna hear about “don’t like it don’t buy it”. Stupid that people actually gave TC iron for the default Locust drone but with goggles).I’m not mad at scalpers or people like Envii. If you’ve got money, buy what you want, but the studio did this crap on purpose.

“We’Re lOoKiNg At ThE fEeDbAcK”

the samurai armour that the helmet they marketed it with isn’t even in the event

5 Likes

TC helped with technical stuff,

1 Like

Yep. Things like their entire staff and the game itself has improved significantly since launch.

Facts

Morning mate, can you elaborate ? Interested to hear your reasons for this appraisal

Gameplay is fun, but as most games nowadays on launch it needs work… Lots of work.

Cant search for what mode i want is stupid, promotes quitting.

People play objective game modes but only interested in doing thier weeklys and not the objective gets frustrating.

Searching btb as a team but when u spawn in ur team isnt always together.

And no crossplay toggle, dam pc cheaters already have wall hacks n stuff😢

Cosmetics, dont really care for them.

As of just now im only doing the weeklys for xp progression for completing a battle pass achv. Have the rest except for revives in elimination. Which isnt available atm.
I assume this will be similar to trials in destiny, :thinking:

Here’s how to disable crossplay on console:

• At the dashboard, open the guide menu by tapping the “Xbox button” on your controller.
  • Under the “profile & system” tab, click on the settings option.
  • On the General tab, move to then click on the Online safety & family menu.
  • Select Privacy & online safety.
  • Select Xbox privacy.
  • Select View details & customize.
  • Select Communication & multiplayer.
  • Under “You can join cross-network play”, select either Block or Allow (when switching back and forth from no crossplay to crossplay).

You may find that you’ll have to turn this off and on all the time when playing different games. I tried doing this while playing destiny & it bugged out and wouldn’t matchmake or even let me accept/send game invites. I haven’t messed around with infinite yet to see how effective it is, but this is the way to disable crossplay.

Anyway, hope this helps! Good luck!

1 Like

You do get each piece individually, you are getting the CORE mixed up with the KIT. KITS just allow you to look like the characters if you look at the pieces they are for the MARK V core. Which we all start with, unfortunately you can only equip MARK V items on there and vice versa for other CORES.

Some players in Halo subreddit mentioned Gears 5:

1 Like

Here’s a list of some major changes:

Store Overhaul(New earnable currency: Gears Coins):
Gears 5 | New Store. More Content.

PVE classes separated from characters:
Gears 5 | Operation 5: Hollow Storm – PvE Overview

Re-up XP reduced(by 82%) and more rewards(Heroic skins):
Gears 5 | Re-up changes coming Feb 9

Locust and Lambent Enemies coming to Horde:
Gears 5 | This Week in Gears – Apr 27 – May 3

Final Versus tuning:
Control: Tuning Updates - Test Tuning Deep Dive

2 Likes

How long do you think its gonna take for 343 to respond or overhaul their system?

more on halo forums :joy:

Well, it looks like that they are currently on vacation as Halo Infinite has gone gold:

“Changes will take time…”

It’s hard to tell. But it’s certain that overhauling this greedy system will take a lot of time(6 months?):

1. The entire system was built to force players to grind and pay:
    (1)No player levels, only Battle Pass tiers
    (2)Slow leveling up - The number of challenges every week is limited. 50XP per match no matter you win or lose.
    (3)“Create the problem, and then sell you the solution” - design difficult challenges and sell Challenge Swaps
    (4)“Fear of Missing Out” - Weekly rewards that take hell of a grind; Daily store refresh
    (5)Very few free items and the event drags on for months - Yeah, that’s you right there, Fracture: Tenrai.
    (6)Double dipping - Armor pieces and coatings for 1 armor core can’t be used on another. You have to purchase them again.

2. A few days ago, Halo Infinite’s future store items costing $1000+ and future events got leaked.
    Obviously, they had a schedule for rolling out these ridiculously expensive store items.
    They didn’t expect or prepare for such huge backlash from players.

3. Also, there are players who have alreafypurchased expensive store items.
    So if 343i make these items earnable, these players will be dissatisfied.

By the way, here’s a very funny video about 343i’s lies:

2 Likes

Doesnt work, thx though.