Half a weapon set for that amount of iron is a joke

Characters I’m OK with sort off still too much. But half a weapon set is taking the piss

4 Likes

More like a third of a set.

2 Likes

Weapon sets should be in full and a fiver less. Characters also fiver less The developers must see all this negative feedback but say nothing

3 Likes

After several issues being fixed I’m enjoying the game a lot more and while skins are just cosmetic items, I’m amazed at how similar the store looks like other free to play games.

No one wants loot boxes and the prices are way too high and maybe that’s ok but selling the same weapon skin in several sets? That’s a bit too much.

4 Likes

Hopefully they are just testing the waters with the pricing which would make sense to me… You start off at an obscene price, and then slowly bring it down to where it sells to match what you have budgeted… So fingers crossed it will come down over time…

3 Likes

You can hope, but I’ll point out that at the end of Gears 4’s life cycle, Aaron Griffin still cost $15 USD. Run the Jewels was still $20 USD. Ultimate air drop still $100 USD. And to my recollection, there were literally zero sales or reduced price events for any real money items.

1 Like

Well, they need to make money one way or another since they did not have a season pass.

1 Like

They need to make money yes but charging that amount and splitting weapon sets into 3 is not on. This is absolute greed and a kick in the face to all loyal supporters of this series. I would gladly buy weapons individually if they were priced more reasonably. They would probably have more sales from doing this way as well. There’s hundreds of skins that they could make

4 Likes

If nobody bought it and make posts every few hours they’d change it, but nope ppl complain but still buy this tripe, well not me

They made plenty enough money, gears 123 never had this bs and epic games seem ok now right :thinking: funny tht, plus making a few weapon skins doesn’t justify these crazy prices, sick of ppl saying they need money, they just sold millions of copies of this game, jees

Doubt they sold millions of Gears 5. Gamepass is proof of that.

Who is forcing anyone to buy anything? It’s cosmetics. Just…don’t buy them?

Thats not the point. The point is, why do they cost so much ? People want cosmetics. However, how do you justify a handful of skins cost the same amount of the entire Gears 5 game ?

either way, threads like this are meaningless. They arent going to change. It’s the way gaming has changed. buy the game and spend hundreds more on chachkies.

to answer OP, why charge $.99 cents for a skin when thousands of people are willing to spend $10-15 dollars for them ? it’s a hustle. just gotta deal with it.

2 Likes

The point is that noone needs cosmetics to enjoy the game.

1 Like

I think ppl are missing the point, NOTHING in the store is worth the money, look how much content you get for $60 ? Yet 1 skin tht probably took some guy 5 mins to make and they sell it for stupid money.

I personally don’t want to pay more, why should i? Stick it up there rainbow flag loving holes.

Also saying … “you dont have to buy it” tht doesn’t help, cause gears 6 will be bare, and every cosmetic will cost $100, thts the rate these things are going, ugh hate these devs now, they used to play there games and be proud of them, now there just bleeding us dry :expressionless::roll_eyes:

1 Like

Good news they are looking at pricing

1 Like

Skins are way too expensive… (And quite garbage looking at the moment too)

It’s all marketing. Release some average one’s looking first, so people will spend there ‘free’ Iron on that. (Because there’s barely any skins in the game)

And after that, release the better looking one’s, that people will buy for $. It’s all bait at the moment. The good one’s are probably coming around the time the first official Esports event takes place…

1 Like