Gears Forums

Haha, Lancer is NOT COD!

versus

(Omen LP) #1

Hehe, in the past I have heard references to players who didn’t just use the gnashers to “go play COD if you want to use rifles”… I didnt really understand what that was about…

Well, I tried COD:BO4 just recently and I now understand it… And no, come on, lancer in gears, even CORE lancer, is NOTHING like the rifles in COD! In COD, if they see you first, you die. It takes what, 2-3 bullets to kill you? There is no time to turn around, no time to jump away (and I keep finding myself wanting to hit A to slide to cover)…

So yeah, IMO, using the lancer in Gears is NOTHING like the rifle play in COD…

Lots of people play COD so there must be something good or enjoyable about it, I will keep trying, but my initial feeling, after maybe 4-5 COD games, I much more prefer Gears… And I prefer the lancer in Gears much more than the rifles in COD… :slight_smile:

(xFribbo) #2

People just get salty when they get crossed down. I admit I do, but only when their whole team is set up and cross us down(with randoms). When we try and get to the hill random team mates don’t help when they run in with their Gnasher, leaving us outnumbered lmao.

(Omen LP) #3

lol, right!!

When I am playing KOTH and I see the other team setup well, with angles, and crossing, I know (a) we’re facing a high ranked team, and (2) we’re in for a fight!

Yeah, if you’re got gnasher-only randoms on your team, that can be brutal…

(xFribbo) #4

I mean I prefer Gnasher fights but if I have to lancer I will.

(HayMaker304) #5

I think on average it only takes about 11-12 active lancer shots to down you.

COD and battlefield is 2-3 direct hits depending on the weapon they are carrying. I feel like the gears weapon system is much more catered than those other games because in gears we have 14 vastly different weapons but in battlefield you’ll have 60-70 different rifles with different variants of those too.

Guys whine here about weapon tuning? Guess they have never played COD or BF4

(Omen LP) #6

Exactly…

I’ve played a number of Halo games, and now I’ve tried COD, and I have to say that, to me, there is a WORLD of difference between those play styles and the cover based Gears… I MUCH prefer Gears… I don’t like the ridiculous jumping in the other games, and the lack of ability to take cover…

So yeah, for me, it’s Gears, regardless how I might feel about some aspects of it (cough, cough, ranking, cough, cough, lag, etc)

(sancris777) #7

The lancer isn’t COD but the enforcer is which is why I use it cause people rage

(lukebazz91) #8

Comparing the two is idiotic

(J4CKA1) #9

I don’t understand why, if someone shoots and kills another player with a lancer, it’s called “crossing”?

(Stoic Slab) #10

They “crossed” the line by using a non-gnasher weapon.

(J4CKA1) #11

honestly wouldn’t doubt that

(Omen LP) #12

hahaha, right! Love it! :smile:

(HayMaker304) #13

I guess when your taking multiple fire from 2-3 opponents. That’s crossing lol but that’s like real life battle.

(ll R E D l) #14

its more of getting your opponents on angels so once you enter the zone theres really nowhere you can go

(Major Schaefer) #15

The one thing that’s always bugged me the most with COD and the like is the way in which the more you progress (and, naturally, the better you become), the better the weapons you unlock. Prestige 1?, okay, here’s a super-duper sniper rifle that will one-shot-kill from one side of the map to the other. Level 1 and just starting out?, here’s some piece of crud with iron sights that won’t kill anyone at a range of more than 50 yards.
At least with Gears all weapons are instantly available, you’ve just gotta “git gud” with them!
Can you imagine if the Gnasher didn’t unlock until you’d re-upped a couple of times… :laughing:

(J4CKA1) #16

At least there’s progression though. You see someone with that super awesome gun, all tricked out and think… “I want that”

(HayMaker304) #17

Just like real battle? Lol

(GrubKiller101) #18

Had someone go apparently apoplectic one evening recently when I…duh duh dhuuuuuurrr! …downed them with… a rifle. Finished them with a gnasher. They sparked up on global, very persistently, with derogatory stuff about lancers. Lancers in GOW. All the while using a lancer themselves. The they went on to other things such as them having sex with my dad, then mother. When I replied each time with a question about what they had said I got absolutely no reply to any questions. Something simple like “whats up with lancer”. Then they saw a typo so it was “Go back to school” “A B C” while they dropped some pretty good typos that were very LOL worthy. Oh and every kill was a T-bag heaven. I forgot to ask them why they thought I didn’t t-bag them. Prolly another redundant question.

Really if they are so steamed about getting their pixels killed in an inconsequential video game with one of the franchises Epic weapons - :roll_eyes:

(GrubKiller101) #19

I tried a COD game for about 20 mins. Not being a “Gamer” I felt I fell fowl of what I see as unspoken ‘knowns’. I got stuck in some building in the dark just with lots of shouting. Found it all boring but especially the getting stuck. Think I tried another and same thing happened (ex building). Game told me how to shoot an RPG so that’s what I did. Then in the game my boss told me to fire an RPG…over and over… because I’d already fired them all off when the game told me how to. Then got stuck on some (Yeah I go on) broken bridge in the snow. Nephew turns up and jumps the gap while I think “Nah…you wouldn’t be able to do that” so I didn’t try it even if I’d known how to run and jump in the snow. And there was one GWG (something Island) when I sat through some tedious intro to be confronted with a ball bouncing between two close walls with a line between and I had to hit a button as the ball traversed the line to open a closet. “Yeah I’m going to spend my time doing that”. Oh and I tried Fortnite. I thought I’d get to grips with building things so there was I wondering how I was supposed to build a wooden shed, pressing this and that, changing where I was positioned etc. Turned out (I think) I didn’t have any wood! :slightly_smiling_face:

(GrubKiller101) #20

I am the Great Hornholio!