Had to play with an idiot or have some other BS happen? We would love to hear your stories and if you simply want to vent, feel free to

We’ve all been there right? Having some dingus in our matches who doesn’t have a clue on what is happening or is simply delusional. How about a reup 2 Marcus trying to move the fabricator away from where Del (level 18) put it. Del put it in a spot that blocks off one of the sides and yet, Marcus thought DEL was the idiot.

Some players are new. I spent plenty of time being an “idiot”. When people took the time to explain things it helped a lot.

11 Likes

Not too sure this thread is going to have legs…
Your example while understandable assumes the lvl 18 player has more right to play the game, than the reup 2 player, or at least that seems to be what you are saying ?

1 Like

There are many idiots of all levels, shapes and sizes.

Sometimes the players themselves were good but their tactics were horribly wrong with fatal consequences.

I played Solo a lot, so you get used to being surrounded by incompetence.

2 Likes

This was on Master. New players shouldn’t jump in on Master.

5 Likes

The problem is that most new players don’t know that.

2 Likes

Again, this was in Master. Low levels shouldn’t join Master since they won’t be ready for it. I never said they had more or less right to play the game but Master isn’t for noobs.

1 Like

People talk about Horde like their is some well known flow chart spreadsheet we are all suppose to go by…no offense to the OP, but that ■■■■ drives me Crazy. People moving a fabricator in my custom game after I placed it drive me crazy too. But it doesn’t mean they might not know a good place to put it. Maybe level 2 re-up Marcus just plays 4 a lot instead of 5. Don’t assume. You know what they say…right? Because I don’t.

Context, if you put that in the original post it might have made a bit more sense. :+1:

This morning playingKOTH solo. Up 1 round on foundation. Short one player (quitter)I was spawning in by flash we had hill capped on opposite end. We hold we win. (About 20 points) They needed 3 points. 2v3 taking placed the 3 on bottom of the ramp my 2 randoms at top Lancering down the 2 of the 3 were caught in the open. I started crossing from bottom of ramp. We had it. Than all of a Sudden one random charges gun ho 1 v 3 gets cleaned ,they push ,next on goes down, they cap, they win. End up losing round 3 bad. Idk what that one was thinking. Wasn’t a bad player just a bad decision. It actually happens alot ,players just don’t know the clock on Koth.

1 Like

Happens a lot. In my experience when that chime starts (indicating the last points) it normally goes to people’s heads and fills them to the brim with heroic confidence, which then results in situations like the one you described.

9 times out of 10 they fail badly and give the desperate opponents a much needed window of opportunity.

1 Like

It seriously makes my skin crawl to read Gears 5’s traitorous renamed difficulty settings.

1 Like

9ouf 10 games playing alone. Pick a problem

2 Likes

Horde its for pro’s man… of course we have to talk like that…

there is nothing more exciting that taking the system to the limits playing horde on the highest difficulty settings.

1 Like

Ranked Team D seems to be rife with noobs at the minute, nice big op3 influx. Great at times but not so much when my equal on the other team is a complete animal

The best way I’ve experienced to mitigate the risk of frustrating teammates is to find cool people and group up with them. I’m getting more aggressive about this and it’s working well for me. Much better than venting. I stumbled upon 2 people that had headsets and played well and I got them to join me and it was enough to mostly make up for the 2 randoms we got in Frenzy matchmaking. Also if you can do a custom match then you can kick painful team mates but please try and communicate first; People learn faster from hearing things told than by getting kicked and having to guess why - as they learn then the more likely they will be able to become someone else you can enjoy playing with and after they do then you’ll be able to find good team mates even faster :slight_smile:

1 Like

Same here I had many of those where you just set the controller down lean back and are just like WTF just happened lol.

1 Like

Since you put a versus tag, I’ll mention an experience of mine. Nothing too long. A guy was idle in the ranked game we were in. I finally see him move, but he gets no kills. He gets no points whatsoever in the 3 rounds we played. He was definitely feeding.

1 Like

I did that precise thing after my first match in the Tech Test.

1 Like

Some Gearhead had 3 weapon lockers to him self,ok I asked politely ,on a message globally,if I could use a claw to up my ammo some cool player said yes help yourself,but wait for it I did take only one weapon,then out of nowhere this person started to knife my character numerous times,Going absolutely mad ,why do they hog 3 lockers.This is why I don’t like horde and what it has turned out,it needs a thorough overall sadly