Gunner card question

Curious - How useful is Gunner’s Heavy Capacity card?
I only used it with Salvo. How much does the card increase the capacity?
Did anyone use it for Buzzkill, Mulcher or Cryo?

Despite what others have said before i think the Mulcher build on gunner is actually very good and offers actual good heavy weapon gameplay. With the heavy capacity the mulcher gets like 530 bullets.

2 Likes

Mulcher gets 538 rounds with the card at level 6. Possibly essential to run it as a build without using a locker. Tri-Shot gets 301 and can equally work without a locker. The chaingun ammo regen is pretty damn good.

5 Likes

Really?! Nice!
I thought Mulcher would have around 300-350. But 530? It’s great - I forgot how much the Trishot would have… around 250?

1 Like

What about Cryo?
But I’m guessing ammo regen won’t work with Cryo?
Have you tried Buzzkill?

I feel like Buzzkill needs an overhaul if TC decides to bring it back. It’s the most useless heavy weapon imho

2 Likes

I don’t recall what the base ammo of the cryo is. Just multiply is by 2.15, the level 6 card provides a 115% boost iirc.

Ammo regen won’t work with the cryo. Only the Mulcher and trishot. Even if it did I would never use the ammo perk for the cryo and put it on a locker. It’s a rather situational tool.

2 Likes

I dont remember how much the trishot has, i always preferred the mulcher over it because of the fire rate.

1 Like

Yeah but sometimes I like to pair Cryo with flash freeze and use it when playing other modes like EFK, Horde Roulette, even Boss Rush

Think my point still remains. And you can technically achieve the same as having ammo regen by throwing a level 2 locker out somewhere with your heavy weapons on it but I fail to see why I should go with a locker when I can live without one. No running back and forth or swapping weapons.

Flash Freeze is pretty extreme anyway so you may not need more than one cryo per wave unless people just aren’t killing the bosses or you get the 500 Matriarch spawn in Roulette.

1 Like

Agree - I was just curious about the card. I think the only one time I use it is on the Split to have more rounds in the Salvo.
In Horde I doubt many people use this card and instead go with TB build.

I go with whatever I feel like using or suits the daily. Mulcher, Trishot, Torque, all three perfectly viable options, but the heavy weapons somewhat fall off against bosses and the Matriarch especially. The exception being Swarmak where unless you get blown up by it you can face tank it with the Mulcher and maybe the trishot.

1 Like

Haven’t played this in a while, but the gunner build is one of my favs using the mulcher. You have to perk up ammo regen pretty fast though, or you will find it lacking. Once you are maxed, it’s pretty fun.

1 Like

Even with the Torque build, it’s really just one single card needed so you have 4 more spots for other approaches. I’ve used a Torque-Mulcher build before and had Heavy Capacity on which was fine (I think from memory I had Serrated Edge, Reflect Shredder, Bait Armor, Mulcher Mastery and Heavy Capacity).

1 Like

Sure as hell does need an overhaul…

It’s funny to use on Instant Reload like with a Brawler since it applies burn too but it’s really not good at all in a players hand. As a Gunner you can workaround use it at the beginning until you have enough power to afford a Mulcher or something.

I believe I always use the increased heavy capacity card so I never need a locker.

1 Like

That buzzkill shot was instantaneous…
How come players can’t do that but AIs can?? Not fair! :laughing:

The AI also revs their chainsaw when they are going around the side of a cover because apparently logical programming from TC is not a priority.

2 Likes

Well the chainsaw is a vacuum cleaner that can suck you in from 100 feet away so that is no surprise lol