Gears Forums

Gridlock will make Gears great again

Ever since the beginning of time, myself and @ll_R_E_D_l have held the same belief. Gridlock is the greatest map in the history of Gears, and a delicious map that should always be reintroduced.

From the weapon drops, to the spacing, to the stairs and the Longshot spawn. It’s truly one of the most wonderous things to exist in Gears’ history–maybe even better than all of Gears 1. Speaking for the whole of the Gears community–we wish to always see the map forever, and hope it’s actively remade from past games multiple times with slight variations every new Operation in Gears 5.

Picture credit: Eric B aged 30 something.

10 Likes

Yes

1 Like

No

Enough is enough.

2 Likes

To the people that want it back…Do you not want other remakes? Are you not tired of playing it?

2 Likes

I only had Gridlock experiences in Gears 4 but it bored me quickly in Horde so I’m conflicted over whether I’d really be ok with it coming back. By principle I don’t like Gears 4 featured maps returning, though, so…

I may tend to the “No” side of things.

No

1 Like

I’m not tired of it. Mainly because my first VS clutch was two rounds in a row, on Guardian. On Gridlock.

So—memories.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Yes… But after some other maps first please!

2 Likes

Yes but a darker, more destroyed version, with corpses etc…

2 Likes

No, I’d much prefer Sanctuary or Blood Drive

1 Like

Yes bring it back gears 1 or 2 version

2 Likes

Yes to all maps - even if I don’t like them because I can stick to the maps that I do like.
Honestly, most things are not 0 sum questions where you can only have it or not have it.
Ask whether I’d give it priority over something fresh and new and you’ll get a different answer but if it becomes an option to me later that’s only bad if I can’t avoid playing it once it’s available.

3 Likes

No.

No more Gridlock.

1 Like

Absolutely not. With each game, the map has been more unbearable than its previous version thanks to the Lancer becoming more and more powerful. The Gears of War 4 version being the worst.

It’s just one of those maps that wasn’t designed for respawn game modes in mind. This is why I’m against remaking a lot of these classic maps.

2 Likes

No man of course not… I rather play a horde map based on a McDonald’s restaurant than Gridlock .

I feel like thats why they wont remake River. Not only are some of the maps not made for the new game play styles but a lot of the Gears 1 maps were made with 8 players in mind

3 Likes

Yes.

More so than canals. Thts for sure.
Give us mansion over both honestly.

Give us blood drive over all of them

1 Like

No. Give me River God damn it.

3 Likes

If they added some serious environmental effects that altered it a lot that would be cool but if it was just normal gridlock then i would say no

2 Likes