GPU Usage issue

After ALOT of tweeking i get a somewhat consistent 144+ fps. Its no secret some driver F’ed the game up as everyone i know has been experiencing stutters including me. Its weird because my FPS counter barely shows a loss of FPS whenever a freeze happens. I think the game ran best on the Sept 2019 driver, not sure though. I was thinking of rolling back drivers but i like to play other games so i probably wont.
Anyway, onto the GPU usage issue. I use MSI Afterburner to monitor performance
Firstly i’d like to state that my PC runs at 99/100% usage on basically every game i play. My PC was built by a proffesional company and is NOT bottlenecking.
My CPU is chilling at around 30% and RAM usage is about 11 gigs. But thats with background applications aswell. But unlike the CPU and RAM, the GPU is supposed to run at a 100% especcialy if you have framerate unlocked, which i have.
I noticed that in the menu of Gears 5 the GPU usage is locked at 100%, as it should be. However the second i load into the game it drops to about 70% in my case. The only way to increase the usage for me is to up the graphical settings. The higher the graphics settings, the higher the GPU usage. I cant set the graphics high enough as to where my PC reaches would reach 100%, unfortunately.
As you’d expect. The performance difference between Ultra and Medium is negligible, because no matter what i do i cant get the usage over 85%. Ironically, the higher the graphics settings, the more stable the game is ( less stutters )
I urge people to test this themselves using MSI Afterburner, and see if they’re GPU is being fully utilised.
So far i’ve only been able to confirm that me and a few friends dont get 100% GPU Usage, no matter what. So i’d love more info from other people.
Please TC, you are funded by one of the richest corporations in the world. Fix your ■■■■
SPECS
I7-8700K
16GB DDR4
GTX 1070 TI

1 Like

Lol for a company that can’t even fix a health bar without breaking it x10 worse than the original bug, let alone fix net code issues 2 years after the initial release of a game, I don’t think there’s a single employee at TC who would have the slightest clue how to better optimize the game.
I’ve experienced the same thing since launch. If I chuck the game on lowest settings, its still stutters for no reason.

1 Like

Depressing

1 Like

I am having the opposite issue, though my game stutters (and I have a beast of a machine) my gpu gets to nearly melting temps. and 99% usage. Scary. And the year is 2022. Running a ryzen 7 5700 G 32gb ddr4 ram 12gb vddr6 radeon 5700 xt oc. so an ample enough power to run this game. anyways, if anyone can add to the thread with they’re rig and stuttering issues/gpu overheating issues let us know!