Going beyond Onyx 1 ranking

Been tryin’ my ■■■ off to get there, winning match after match, getting a ton of points but for some reason I only go up in percentage after I get mvp in a match otherwise I remain the same or go below.

I know the devs said to report if you go through five wins and still go down in rank but i’m not too sure on that. Either I need to get mvp every match or the times I play like ■■■■ are starting to register for good and i’m being put back into gold permanently unless I suddenly become a Gears God every match.

I’m curious as to what experience others have been having, how they’ve gone about ranking up or why they’ve gone down in rank. The more I know, the better i’ll feel and i’d appreciate that.

There. You know what you must do. What you must become. :muscle:

3 Likes

I’m doing pretty good so far i’d say, just took a change of perception. It’s just a game, stop caring about what others think I thought to myself and bam, three mvps in a row.

2 Likes

Good. Feed off of their rage, it makes everyone seem insignificant. You’ll be far beyond that rank in no time.

1 Like

What game type are you playing? We should team up. I’m looking for people to play with.

TDM and KOTH.

I reached diamond 1 in TDM within 2 days… I am diamond 3 now in TDM and D4 in KOTH. I wonder whats your win percentage? You can look it up on the stats page or in game under the war journal.

My win percentage is 72%(it was 74 daamn) and I am quite often MVP
Try searching with a full squad and look for people which use a mic. Callouts and lancer crossing is the key.

It’s 52% and I haven’t gotten mvp in weeks loool… also I have no mic.

If its 52% you should not wonder to be under onyx 1. I dont wanna be bad or something but you should get a mic and maybe some teammates if you want a higher win percentage and maybe you get to onyx 1 or higher.

Yeah I’ve given up.
I play solo and have hovered at 65-77 percent as a gold 3.
I was an onyx for the past 2 seasons. But for whatever reason I’m going up against a lot of stacked diamond teams. A lot more then before.
I’m a pretty decent player myself, but with randoms you do get a lot of people who just don’t know that their doing.

Don’t have a mic either. I get enough hate messages from random players lol

randoms use mics?

i thought that was back in 2006

Most are Spanish speakers unfortunately, I can use my mic for the pc buuuut I really do need one for Gears.

No. Randoms dont use a mic but he can find some people to play with and they probably use a mic. I have found many players by playing solo ranked…if they were good I invited them and send them a friend request. Most of them have a mic.

Please keep all rank discussions, feedback, and concerns on the Main Ranking System thread.

This allows TC to track all posts, and provide to the correct team. You can also DM @CoalitionGears on twitter, or PM @anon86589457 If you feel there is an issue with your rank.

Thank you.

A post was merged into an existing topic: [Main] Ranking System Discussion, and Feedback