Gnasher clip size

Not sure if this has been answered or addressed but have they said anything new about clip size? Gnasher battles def lost a little flow with that short clip. While I’ll miss the dmg boost I like the active filling your clip but think it should be deeper. I know others have felt the same but has TC mentioned possibly changes for release?

Gnasher holds 6 shots now

Yeah I know that but I was wondering if they plan on upping it since the tech test feedback. 6 is not enough for good gnasher plays.

I think 6 is good, you have to be more careful now when you shoot.

3 Likes

8 wasn’t very good and didn’t need to change.

Didn’t like 6.

At least go in the middle at 7.

But looks like it’s staying the same.

1 Like

Agreed, I get that they want more well rounded play with rifles but 6 and the dmg boost being gone is a bit much. Oh well I’ll deal just think it’s a shame.

1 Like

Yeah,

Especially when taking on 2-5 players.

2 Likes

I believe it’s a push to use rifles more.

We won’t change their mind on this most likely.

2 Likes

Yeah,

TC said it was to also reward “accurate” players with the Gnashers but going to 6 and doing the half clip reload is just annoying rather than based on skill.

3 Likes

I’m not worried about being careful I can land my shots, I’m worried about killing 5 guys on a hill with only 6 in my clip. It takes away from the flow of the matches.

3 Likes

Yeah,

You’re just an easy kill when you run out at that point.

1 Like

Oh right gotcha man. Well those players just need to get better with 6 I guess huh?

Everyone will adapt I’m sure but not all changes are for the better.

Agreed, as we know with Horde and MP overall.

I wish they’d put out a list of changes since the final tech test.

I would be fine with six shells at a time if an active reload wasn’t required to reload them all.

It forces more strategic and better play but that’s sort of moot when you have instances where someone will be able to active reload all their rounds before you can right off of spawn. If someone camps near spawn and you use all six of your shots, you can’t active reload even after spawn protection expires, leaving you at a disadvantage.

I still think active reload should simply be a quicker full reload across all weapons in MP. Let it be a damage boost in PvE modes but remove that aspect in PvP.

1 Like

gnasher is kinda stronger so i think its fine !

Kinda stronger? They took away the %20 dmg increase for active reload. It feels a lot more consistent especially seeing your hit markers per pellet but we lost %20 dmg increase so it’s weaker for sure. I feel like that plus the short clip is a bit much.

Honestly, if it weren’t for the change in active reload timing along with the half clip size, I wouldn’t see a problem with the Gnasher.