Gilded stuff is eh

I did all the gilded challenges and I have to say the grind was not worth it (in my opinion) but hey I got some gold stuff to flex on all the causals

1 Like

The main thing is that they carry over to Gears 5. This may be the only way we can use RAAM or Classic Marcus at launch.

What exactly were you hoping for? You knew what you would be unlocking before you went for it. Let’s be honest here, the Guilded challenges required no grind for anyone who even casually plays Gears 4.

2 Likes

I completed the August challenges by the end of the first day. And finished Raam the first weekend available.

I think it’s very 50/50 whether or not you’ll like them, I wish there wasn’t two skins for Kait…but it’s something. It’s like exclusive content for 5, so I’m all for it rather than them doing nothing. Gave me a reason to play for another day–or two before Gears 5.

2 Likes

Except Gilded RAAM.

I mean–not really. If you’ve been playing for a while Re-Up ten was well within reach. It was only hard if you didn’t play consistently or if you were a newbie.

1 Like

Horde kills made me cry also I did em Cos I’m weird and like collecting stuff

They are free skins, just appreciate the fact you got something for free. You dont have to use them if you dont like them.

2 Likes

The Black Phantoms were my favorite rewards from the Road challenges.

2 Likes

Ye

Exactly. I don’t change my weapon skins much at all. I only really use the Phantom ones or the ones from eSports 3 (can’t remember the name of them). I got the Gilded ones and don’t plan on using them but I ain’t gonna whine about them either. Not everything is to everyone’s taste. One man’s gold nugget is another man’s pile of poo!

2 Likes

If I play this game for any length online , at some point all of my weapons will be the animated types. So a bunch of generic gold ones for being loyal and playing all of the games is very eh. The characters are good though.

I love the gilded characters especially since they carry into gears 5. I only wish they did a gilded skorge.

In gears 4,it’s meh because we have so many cool skins in 4. But in 5, the gilded is the best.

I like them, finished 10 of 11 for the “Road to Gears 5” challenges, the only one I did not do is the 1st one for RAAM, to many hoops to jump through,

1 Like

RAAM was actually really easy if you didn’t need too many re-ups. My wife was re-up 4 and pulled it off without much of a grind. Too bad you missed out. The Black Phantoms are nice.

The black phantoms skins were nice but not a “must have” for me, happy with 10 out of 11, if they did not have that re up 10 ■■■■ I might have gone for RAAM but as the challenge was I am not losing sleep over it.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s pretty much what my son said. He got all but Raam as well. Still, good job on what you did. :grin:

Had it been Skorge in “road to gears 5” things would be different, RAAM is a great character but I really liked Skorge in GOW 2 and his Hydra mount to the point I almost certainly would have jumped through the hoops.

1 Like

Raam wouldn’t have been my first choice either.

1 Like