Gears V Tech Test 2

Will Arcade mode be returning for the second part of the Tech Test?

I would assume everything is the same and you keep progress from the first weekend.

2 Likes

It would be awesome If they let ppl toy around with like a lite version of Escape. So people can test the map sharing/match making co-op in a live environment.
Forcing everyone to PvP is also a sure fire way of losing new or less experienced players. So giving people both PVP and PvE content to play with would help draw a bigger crowd for all types of gamers.
Plus PvE is a better test environment for little details that you just dont have time to test under a hi speed PvP environment. And it’s simply a better mode to train up new players. 20 mins of boot camp is not enough and it shows. 1 day of the test and like 80% of new players were gone and only us sweaty Pro’s remain XD.
Also It will give the people the chance who did not get the chance to go to E3 (so like 3/4 of the world) a chance to get their hands on this content.
All i’m saying is 1 way of play is not good enough to test or promote your game.

But what do I know I am just a consumer XD

2 Likes

Agree. They were calling this a server stress test, but there wasn’t any reason not to let people tryout Escape.

It would have brought in more people who don’t like PVP, and maybe won some new people over.

1 Like

Yeee. I brought along a group of 3 with me and by rank 5 they quit, because the sliddie shot gun boi’s started becoming more and more common (basically your average pro’s) but these guy’s are fresh out of halo so they got owned, as a result they dont wanna give the full game a shot. It’s really poor thinking on TCs part. The skill gaps bet noob and pro in gears are huge. New players drown in the sweat of pro’s in the test. #the gears 5 vs test has something for everyone" :rofl: yeeee. A respawn\kill cam for new players, And actual game play for experienced players. The amount of times my team quit leaving me 5v3 is crazy. It’s hard to win when ppl just farm the casual bots. It’s a mess

1 Like