Gears should start having more fluidity. Being to clunky makes our mistakes kill ourselves

Too many times does the moment mechanics kill our own selves instead of our opponent. Apart from that it needs to feel less clunky. Roadie run needs to be more responsive to start and end, and faster. Especially faster. Apart from that walls feel really sticky for lack of a better word. It’s too easy to get stuck on walls unable to get off, even trying to get off to do wall bounce canceling.

I believe It’s a huge issue having beginners wanting to play this and fans of the series alike, and of course to stick with it. Once they realize that their skill and “smarts” arent being tested and put on display. (Mainly) Once they see that dieing Is the result of something that doesn’t make sense. That’s random and cant be explained In a certain distance or pattern predictable. Something like this doesn’t help with anything that can be applied to life or other games.

This is why I also would suggest the idea of having rolling seperate from the taking cover/wall bounce button. (& for all control schemes)

This is what the previous sentence would look like:
Pressing A button and moving joystick (beyond neutral) shouldn’t roll, doing so at the exact same time or quickly moving joystick first before pressing A. (Or/& maybe just the stick being already in a moved position counts too) Non of these should make you roll. (An option, to be seperare or together w/ the following.)
Pressing A with the right stick moving at the same time you press A or right before pressing A, shouldn’t make you roll… or/& does make you roll if the left stick isn’t also moved right before pressing A or/& at the sametime as well. (therefore taking left stick into consideration first/ mainly or/& just it’s already moved positions. [Right & left stick])

All this can be applied with these simple facts that could be added to the movement mechanics as well: here they are:
You can not roll when in the middle of wall bounce transitions/ transitioning. You can only if you stop for a few seconds or are now touching/ stuck on a wall.
Also if you can wallbounce in the direction you press A towards… you can not roll if it’s possible to wallbounce there instead or/& switch covers into a wall switching animation instead. (Instead of a roll)

Let me know what ya’ll think I personally think this is the way to go… for beginners and fans alike.

It’s pretty fluid rn tbh

You signed your death warrant old pal :pensive:

1 Like

Ik I’m such a rebel.

In all fairness 5 is far more fluid than it was a couple years ago. Is it 4? Nah, but it’s far closer than what we used to have

2 Likes

I thought so too. Then i played halo infinite, and other games… then played gears 5 and saw how clunky and how hard it Is to get used to the movement again and not end up being your worse enemy in the game.
To be honest it’s the least fluid game in the gears franchise.
Aside from this I believe this game would benefit from having the roll and wallbounce worked differently. It’s the most apparent time I can see it now. For one, it’s the most clunkiest and I think that’s a major missing ingredient to make this game spread to more people as well as solve one of the long lasting issues that prevented gears to “spread” everywhere in every area of video game “chemistry”.

Game is fluid but the movement is cheeks.

Tunings cheeks as well.

Isn’t that like the something or something? Or can be? Like maybe the movement is making the game feel too clunky

This is the most fluid gow we’ve ever had. I’ll take any movement buffs as long as they come with a shotgun rate of fire increase, because all buffing the movement does is give us more of what we already have.

Oh yes, the shotgun does feel like it too, has the lowest rate of fire out of the whole series. And could differently be another reason why the game feels so/ too clunky

Gears 5 is pretty smooth and Fluid though.

No I dont believe fluid and movement are the same.

Gears 3 has good movement but for today’s standards, it is not fluid at all lol.

Gears 4 for me fixed the shaky screen that 3 had but I went back and played it recently and I absolutely hated it. I much prefer 5 just for how fluid it feels. But wish it had 4s tuning and movement.

Did you read this part? I think it’s pretty “rad” and could make gears fluid for today’s standards:

This is what the previous sentence would look like:
Pressing A button and moving joystick (beyond neutral) shouldn’t roll, doing so at the exact same time or quickly moving joystick first before pressing A. (Or/& maybe just the stick being already in a moved position counts too) Non of these should make you roll. (An option, to be seperare or together w/ the following.)
Pressing A with the right stick moving at the same time you press A or right before pressing A, shouldn’t make you roll… or/& does make you roll if the left stick isn’t also moved right before pressing A or/& at the sametime as well. (therefore taking left stick into consideration first/ mainly or/& just it’s already moved positions. [Right & left stick])
All this can be applied with these simple facts that could be added to the movement mechanics as well: here they are:
You can not roll when in the middle of wall bounce transitions/ transitioning. You can only if you stop for a few seconds or are now touching/ stuck on a wall.
Also if you can wallbounce in the direction you press A towards… you can not roll if it’s possible to wallbounce there instead or/& switch covers into a wall switching animation instead. (Instead of a roll)

Edit: I didnt read your post properly.

I mean… I thought we had it pretty good in op 5? What you’re explaining is a little out of my expertise. I just know what feels good and what doesnt. I do however know what fluid and movement are. I dont believe they are the same. But with what you said, you have to speak to people who know more about the technical aspects than me. Because I am not that guy.

Goodnight my boy, I thought you responded with something else so I typed up a snarky response. So my apologizes.

It’s gonna take me awhile to process what you just said/ typed… but don’t worry I’ll sleep on it. It’s pretty late too. I’ll reply eventually my main man/ dude. (For which I don’t know well enough to say “main man/ dude” lol)

1 Like

This 100%.

PvP is still slower and awful than Gears 4 but it’s better than the last tuning we had for Gears 5. PvE’s movement is immaculate though.

1 Like