Gears Forums

Gears of War Ultimate Edition Windows 10 FPS Issue

(SkodaZek) #1

Greetings,

I have a core i7 6850k with 64 gb ram and 2x GTX 1080 SLI. When I first got Gears of War Ultimate (2 years ago) the game ran amazingly, 100+ FPS at highest settings, unfortunately this is not longer the case.

Recently I Installed the game again and my fps drops to 30-40 when looking in certain directions (nothing really going on in those directions I might att) then If I look in another direction my FPS goes up to 100+ again. I played through the first 2 levels of the game to see if it would clear up and no go.

I tried formatting and doing a clean install of Windows 10 x64 Pro with all updates, brand new latest drivers etc and the problem persists exactly as described above.

Gears of War 4 runs great at max settings I might add. Anyone heard of this occuring?

Would be incredibly grateful for any help.

Thank you.

(BotteTreillis10) #2

hello everyone
i have the same prblm
windows 10 v1809
gtx 1080 ti 16go ram
drop fps

(TROOPER1818) #3

exactely the same problem here… what is going on ?! Im playing the full campaign and not talking about multiplayer.

first i had a non stop 100 plus fps now it even drops at a dramatically low 30fps drop looking some ways and during gameplay fps drops down from 120 to lower 50’s.

it happens only in GOW Ultimate edition not in other games i have, So this is a game specific problem.

I7 8700K@4,8Ghz 16GBDDR4 GTX1080
latest nvidia updates Windows 10 (gamebar off and anything background related).

Im very dissappointed that there is no solution or any word from the developers on this matter.

(BotteTreillis10) #4

no solution yet :’(

(TROOPER1818) #5

very strange that there is no response at all… is this game abandoned by support ?
is there anyone on this whole Earth who can help us ??

(TGLT Clutch) #6

guys looking to play some UE? add me please

(JetKNINE) #7

I know this is an old thread… But what i believe has happened is that after Windows 10 was updated to 1803 an 1809… Directx 12 has had alot of tweaks on both Windows 10 and the Graphics drivers to fix G-Sync and other Windows 10 1803 related issues that has affected game performance… So in saying that… The last known working Windows 10 version and the Nvidia drivers that worked well enough for Gears of War Ultimate Edition is now gone. Its now up to the developers to optimize the game to work with the latest version of Windows and Nvidia Drivers… The game failed to play properly before and after going from my GTX 980 Ti to my GTX 1080 that i have now… So at the moment Gears of War Ultimate Edition is a dead game because of the optimization impact cause of the latest Windows version and Drivers.

(UrieleJH) #8

hi all,

read this: Gears of War Ultimate Edition Windows 10 drop fps after v.1809 October update