Gears of war netflix movie and animated series confirmed

14 Likes

I hope its as good as Netflix’s Resident Evil show :tired_face::tired_face::tired_face::tired_face:

4 Likes

Nice, even if its crap, ill still watch it.

2 Likes

“adult animated series”

Adi Shankar or bust.

Image result for who should play marcus fenix meme

2 Likes

I hate that Netflix is 50/50.

Resident Evil? :face_vomiting:

The Witcher? :face_vomiting:

Witcher Anime? :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Arcane :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

On second thought I’m calling it now, the Live Action movie is gonna be the biggest pile of crap but the animated stuff might be good.

4 Likes

Listen here TC, you gotta keep it dark and make sure the horror of Gears 1 makes it into the movie. The locust were scary ferocious hulking monsters and the COG were a real army of beefy dudes that were NOT angsty teens in a bright colorful vibrant world filled with moderately icky swarm things and unintimidating robots.

More Predator, less Power Rangers.

THE COLE TRAIN EATS WHOLE GRAIN BABY WHOOOOOO!!!

2 Likes

I saw this.

I’m not happy. Netflix can’t be trusted. Nobody can these days. Just look at the sheer disrespect to the source material in the form of Resident Evil and the Halo TV series. Awful.

The live action Gears of War film will most likely be horrific as I cannot see them getting most of the casting correct for the characters (Batista, stay away). Especially our glorious Queen, which may finally push me over the edge enough to grab my Kerosine Can labelled “TC” and get to work.

The animated, however, could of course work with the IMPERATIVE return of all voice actors, especially Carolyn Seymour. The same applies to Marcus, Dom, Cole, Carmine(s), etc. It’d lose too much of that authentic feel otherwise.

But I guess we’ll see. It’s not like we could be on a worse downer so it’s something at least.

4 Likes

Can’t wait for the '06 vets later on to make threads on how the movie featured one daylight scene and it wasn’t dark and gritty lol

Well, all we can do is hope for the best & prepare for the worst.

8 Likes

Mortal Kombat annihilation is the worst out of all resident evil movies, that movie was so garbage in my opinion.

2 Likes

If they are not going to employ original voice actors - it’s not going to be GOW.
I would even go as far as to say - they should hire original voice actors to dub over the acting actors.
Because let’s be honest - the voices and soundtrack is probably 90% the reason we fell in love with the game.

3 Likes

i missed this one.

The only positive here is that it builds hype for the IP.

7 Likes

Have you emailed our Queen yet ? If not I will tomorrow :+1:

1 Like

Biggest fear here is it kills the franchise.

Will be viewed as irrelevant and unmarketable if nothing decent is produced.

lol, he has a direct phone line to her.

2 Likes

Thinking the same, surely it is time to officially talk Gears 6. Even if it is 2024 release, we need (would love) some news

2 Likes

I hope so, I have exchanged a good few emails with her since 2016

2 Likes

“I am not your Queen. You are nothing!”

2 Likes

this is going to be fun

1 Like