Gears of war Movie Netflix

The rock as Marcus? Please no that would ruin gears… anyone but him, only thing that would work if Netflix are making a gears movie is to make gears of war into a Netflix series that would be alright and don’t put the Rock in it… god no

It also says Bautista, and you are worried about the Rock?

1 Like

Give him what he wants.
Image result for dave bautista

Hahaha true. Both bad actors but I’d rather him than the rock.
If it was down to me I’d put kiefer sutherland as Marcus he has the voice and he’s good at using a gun cause of the series 24

The Rock is fantastic; I wouldn’t imagine a Gears movie without him! Not many guys big enough to pull it off and he had amazing screen presence. That’s my professional opinion as a union filmmaker. The guy takes over the screen every time he’s on it.

You’re right. The rock isn’t dark and gritty enough :wink:

They haven’t made a film about Viva piñata I know it’s still haunting you. one day… maybe one day

1 Like

False. He’s good with a gun because of the classical masterpiece Young Guns

2 Likes

Gooood someone who knows a good actor and don’t forget Lost boys and if anyone got Disney + watch a film called Phone booth he’s amazing in that you can hear how iconic his voice is he’s perfect for Marcus

1 Like

You really want someone who’s pushing 60 to play Marcus?

Batista is 53 but I mean he’s 6’6, same with The Rock. At least they’ll be more accurately depicted in that regard.

Anyone but the Rock man

1 Like

dave bautista , john cena and dwayne johnson they already proved they are capable actors and i’m glad they got bigger roles in movies and tv show’s, dave bautista said it before he won’t work with a certain groups of actors ( dwayne johnson and john cena or anyone related to wwe )

Former WWE Champion and Guardians of the Galaxy star Dave Bautista (aka Batista) turned heads a few days ago when he openly rejected the idea of working in a movie together alongside fellow WWE all-time greats John Cena and Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson. After that reaction started getting reported on, “The Animal” returned to Twitter over the weekend with a point of clarification, showing photos from the variety of movie roles he’s already taken.

“I figured a visual reference might help. I’d just prefer not to be lumped in. Nothing personal,” he wrote. On top of being the star in Zack Snyder’s Army of the Dead earlier this year, Bautista’s upcoming film projects include Dune, Knives Out 2, and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3.

dave bautista is the only actor i know who can play as marcus and kratos.

if you didn’t watch peacemaker and blade runner 2049 just avoid the video.

I can’t tell you which game in particular we’re doing, but there will be an announcement this year. We’re going to bring one of the biggest, most badass games to the screen—one that I’ve played for years. I’m really excited to bring it to fans around the world. Of course we’re going to do right by our gamer friends— **but really we’re just going to make a great movie.

I think I would rather animation with all original voice overs.

4 Likes

This 1000% but Cena would be a great Clayton

What is this WWE?
All these people are not actors hence why there films are awful. The rock already ruined jumanji.
Do someone like Kiefer sutherland or Hugh jackman as Marcus they have acted there entire life not someone who’s wrestled for a living then randomly starts acting makes no sense. No one is bigger than gears but I can see the Rock just doing it for a cheeky pay day

No I’d rather have actual actors not someone paid to look beefy. Drax didn’t do ■■■■ in Guardians.

Point is, Batista hasn’t actually had any acting roles with substance, do we really want another video game movie? Sonic and Detective Pikachu aside…they’re mostly terrible. Neither has Lester Speight. I’m not expecting Shawshank here, but come on. At least think of actors that have experience acting.

My vote is Tom Hanks as Professor Layton and you can’t change my mind.

Gerard Butler would be a better Marcus. Voice actor does not equal film actor. Also, the characters are in their 40s in the games.

Sorry for derail the topic, but Layton speak with british accent, and how easy/difficult is imitate that accent for an American?

Harrison ford as Hoffman… you heard it here first

I think it’s been heavily rumored that the game in question is Call Of Duty, thankfully. I doubt he’s ever delved deeper than that when it comes to games.

I think Batista is pretty much a lock, if they ever go through with a Gears movie.

Rock is probably closer to 6’4" & Dave has def shrank a bit since his massive Evolution days. He’s maybe a little over 6’2" now, it seems. Just judging by pictures.

Either way, Marcus is supposed to be 6’1", so Batista is def the better fit there. More interesting acting as well lol.

1 Like

This comes to Marvels writing and creative take on the characters/ movie. Which I think he did well in.

No one should be expecting this GOW movie to be a blockbuster or even close to that. If it’s a live-action is most likely gonna break even or make a little profit. Best move is to make it into an animated series.

1 Like