Gears of War Game Map Set

Out of curiosity, of all the Gears what is your favourite map set? (Including DLC)

Nostalgia makes me lean towards Gears of War 1 but I’d have to say Gears of War 2. It has far more maps that I miss such as Ruins, Day One, Flood and even Fuel Station. The maps were also mostly darker which I enjoyed (not including the remake of Mansion…that’s a different story entirely). While there is many good maps such as Azura, Checkout and Drydock, it just had the best maps overall. Also who doesn’t love River?

I’ve listed all the maps below with links as a reminder.

GEARS OF WAR

Bullet Marsh, Canals, Clocktower, Escalation, Fuel Depot, Garden, Gridlock, Mansion, Mausoleum, Old Bones, Process, Raven Down, Rooftops, Subway, Tyro Station, War Machine.

GEARS OF WAR 2

Allfathers Garden, Avalanche, Blood Drive, Canals, Courtyard, Day One, Flood, Fuel Depot, Fuel Station, Gold Rush, Gridlock, Grindyard, Hail, Highway, Jacinto, Mansion, Memorial, Nowhere, Pavillion, River, Ruins, Sanctuary, Security, Stasis, Subway, Tyro Station, Underhill, War Machine, Way Station.

GEARS OF WAR 3

Academy, Aftermath, Anvil, Artillery, Azura, Blood Drive, Bullet Marsh, Checkout, Clocktower, Cove, Depths, Drydock, Escalation, Gridlock, Hotel, Jacinto, Mercy, Old Town, Overpass, Raven Down, Rustlung, Sandbar, The Slab, Thrashball, Trenches.

GEARS OF WAR 4

Avalanche, Blood Drive, Canals, Checkout, Clocktower, Dam, Dawn, Diner, Drydock, Fallout, Forge, Forge Blitz, Foundation, Fuel Depot, Glory, Gridlock, Harbor, Harbor Haze, Hotel, Impact, Impact Dark, Lift, Lift Apex, Mercy, Old Town, Raven Down, Reclaimed, Reclaimed Windflare, Rustlung, Security, Speyer, The Slab, War Machine.

GEARS OF WAR: JUDGMENT (per request of @Duffman_GB)

Blood Drive, Boneyard, Checkout, Dreadnought, Estate, Gondola, Haven, Island, Junkyard, Library, Lost City, Museum, Rig, Skyline, Streets, Terminal, Ward.

2 Likes

I love almost all the maps, But here it’s top 3 maps for every gears game. (Won’t use the same maps for every game and will use the maps in it’s first release)

Gears 1 : War Machine، Raven Down and Clocktower (Garden and Canals is very good though,)

Gears 2 : Day One, Jacinto and Fuel Depot.

Gears 3 : Thrashball, Checkout and Mercy (Old town, Mercy and Rustlung are good too!)

Gears 4 : Foundation, Relic and Harbor (But all of the new maps in Gears 4 are really good and Actually I am Surprised by TC :stuck_out_tongue: Except Forge…)

1 Like

Gears 2, 100%. Lots of Gears 1 maps sucked

1 Like

G1 - Clocktower, Escalation, Mansion, Raven-down, Garden, Tyro, Process

G2 - Highway, Allfathers, Ruins, Waystation, Fuel Station, Nowhere, Memorial

G3 - Trenches, Artillery, Depths, Anvil, Slab, Hotel, Thrashball

G4 - Glory, Dawn, Impact Dark(should have Longshot and have been the only version), Diner, Dam, Fallout, Relic

1 Like

Good choice. Day One would be great in the modern Gears gameplay.

Sandbar.

1 Like

Bold, but true.

Gears of War 2 have a good base map set and the best DLC maps.

1 Like

Hail!

1 Like

For gears 4, i dont think Diner counts since its basically a flat, reworked version of Hotel imo.

@ GB6 GOOD work.
Strangely you do not include J. I’m as old school, day 1 passionate as any Gearshead but I acknowledge Judgements existence :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::grin:. So can you link maps please.
It has some great maps that could be reworked if needed.
Boneyard
Haven
Lost City
Library
Blood Drive

My fav maps across the series…will have a think. I do love Dynamic maps like Artillery, Avalanche, Hail, Raven Down (G3 version) I liked Reclaimed Windflare once, after that it is a pain in the backside on KOTH.

1 Like

Thanks.

Judgment? I thought that was an old ghost story. :disappointed_relieved:

Haha, I never/refused to play it, stuck with Gears 3 until 4. I’ll link them anyway:

Blood Drive
Boneyard
Checkout
Dreadnought
Estate
Gondola
Haven
Island
Junkyard
Library
Lost City
Museum
Rig
Skyline
Streets
Terminal
Ward

I must admit, from the pictures they look decent.

1 Like

Good work :+1:
…there are 17 maps, sorry! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I wasn’t going to add the Overrun/Survival but why not?

1 Like

I miss subway, would love if they brought that back. Granted they probably still haven’t fixed the glitch off the map lol

1 Like

Excellent thread btw,

I like the majority of maps from 1-3.

Only a couple new ones from 4.

What do I want to see return in Gears 5 / what are my favourites?

Canals
Garden
Mausoleum
Process
Raven Down
Subway

Allfathers Garden
Memorial
Nowhere
Pavilion
River
Ruins

Academy
Azura
Depths
Trenches

Dawn
Foundation
Impact Dark
Reclaimed

Can’t speak for Judgement as I never really played it online or explored the maps.

1 Like

I remember that :joy:

Great picks, I actually enjoyed “Nowhere” as well. Depths was beautiful and Mausoleum was good for its “eerie” atmosphere.

1 Like

Yeah, Depths redone for G5 would be amazing!!

Trenches had that Desert Feel to it from Gears 3 as well.

Exactly, many great matches on Trenches!

I miss that Digger :tired_face: many times I’d shoot it into the roof, killing the person above at the Mulcher/OneShot. Somehow never failed :joy:

1 Like

And the Scorcher plus that Execution :grimacing:

1 Like

Oh :fire: yeeeeeessss :fire:

1 Like